Chapter 37- Pity Party [Part 1]

┌── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──┐

October 6th

└── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──┘

The past several days had a mixture of a few different emotions. For one, Marinette was confused-but happy that the rumors seemed to be settling down. Her stress was slowly fading. Some of it, at least. Tikki was still sleeping more than normal, but she'd waken up to eat a few cookies and even talked to Marinette for a few minutes before going to back to sleep on Thursday night.

Now it was Saturday, a week since Marinette had first decided to avoid Adrien, and it was proving to be the right decision. The less they were seen together, the faster the rumours were dying out. It was only a matter of time before Tikki was completely healed and Ladybug was back in business. Marinette was just glad there had been a break from the akumas.

On Wednesday, Marinette had talked to her parents for the first time in weeks. They were practically in tears when the dark-haired girl told them what happened. She didn't want to, but remembered the day she was in the hospital, and how she'd told Alya and Adrien that she would, as well as Gabriel's insistence. She needed to tell them. Tom and Sabine said they were doing a great job in LA. The first recording of the show they were on was set to air in just a few weeks. Tom mentioned that when one of the judges tried his croissant, the man had tears in his eyes. "Of course they did." She had laughed. "You own the best bakery in Paris." All of the struggles she was facing was worth it, as long as her family and friends were well.

"You're coming right?" Marinette asked Cole as he pulled on a shirt. She was busy holding the clipboard, the one with Genevieve's name on it.

"Yeah, yeah. I'll come. Just promise me that you won't leave me hanging the whole time. I don't know anyone."

Marinette flushed as she caught sight of Cole's abs, snorting under her breath. "Yeah, I don't think that will be a problem with you." She mumbled.

"What's your costume?" He asked in an interesting manner.

"I'm a cat-bat."

"A... cat-bat?" He raised an eyebrow. "Why both?"

"Well, I was originally going to be Chat Noir, but I decided that it was a bit much for a party I want to lay low in. So I just kept the gown and cat-tail because it was so pretty and took a few different accessories to make me look like a vampire almost." Marinette giggled and caught sight of Cole's surprised face.

"Oh, that's funny. We would have been matching." He casually took a sip of his water bottle and placed it in his bag.

"What do you mean?" Marinette asked.

"I'm going as Chat Noir."

Marinette blinked. "Wait, really? I didn't know you were a Chat Noir fan. I mean, I know you're from France but... Ladybug and Chat Noir are only active in Paris."

"Are you kidding? Those two are famous all over Europe." He laughed as if Marinette would know. And she really should have. She was Ladybug.

"Oh, haha..." She laughed innocently, "Right." Catching a glimpse of his shaggy hair, Marinette could almost imagine him already in costume. He really did look like Chat Noir.