24

Regina arrived home the next afternoon. She stayed with Emma over night since she wasn't allowed to leave the hospital. Emma is still there but insisted Regina went home to see her kids. She unlocked the front door and stepped in. Her heart was beating fast. Her mouth was dry and she couldn't stop over thinking. She was preparing herself for the worst because it would mostly come.

"Hello" she called out hoping her mother replies.

The sound of foot steps came towards her. The figure of Isabella revealed. She went to her mum and hugged her tight.

"Nan left. Why didn't you tell us you loved Emma?" She asked holding her close.

Regina's heart dropped. Her mother had gone and she broke her heart. The last thing Regina ever wanted to do was loose another part of her childhood. She started crying in her daughters arms. Isabella kept her close knowing she would feel the same if it happened to her. Regina has lost her dad and her brother already. She wasn't ready to loose her mum over something so small.

"I should have never said anything" Regina sighed.

She didn't mean to Cora. She meant she should have never told Emma. That's what started everything. There was then a loud knock on the door. Isabella pulled away and opened it.

"Dad? Nan" she says confused.

Regina looked up and walked to the door. She saw robin and Cora stood there both annoyed.

"Ow shit" she says half shocked half scared.

"We need to talk. All three of us" Cora sternly orders.

Regina swallowed hard and walked towards the lounge. Cora followed still angry and furious. Robin went over to Isabella. She crossed her arms and looked at him with sass.

"Did you know" he asked annoyed.

"No. Why do you care anyway? We all know you go out sleeping with other woman anyway. You give more fucks about them then your own kids. I also know we're not the only kids you have. I know you got your old assistant pregnant which made her quit so mum didn't find out. Your honestly a piece of shit and I don't know why your angry because it has nothing to do with you" Isabella replied with an annoyed tone resting in her voice.

Robin looked angry at her. He slapped her causing her to tumble back. Bella out her hand over her cheek and felt the stinging pain. Next thing they knew robin felt a punch across his face. He felt to the floor with force. Both him and his daughter looked up to see Regina stood there angry.

"Don't ever lay your hands on my daughter again. You understand me? Get out my house" Regina threatens. She held Isabella's hand and walked over to the stairs. "Go on up to your room and tell the others not to come in the lounge until I say" Regina orders before going to see her mother.

"Where is he then"

"He's leaving. He just slapped my daughter so I punched him and told him to go. Are we going to have this conversation or you just going to sit furiously" Regina asked as she sat down.

"What the hell were you thinking? Falling in love with the help for starters" Cora says disgusted. Regina knew this was it. "But a woman! How could you bring this disgrace to our family name"

"You know what mum? I was so scared to tell you because I knew you wouldn't accept it. We have lost dad and Jason in our lives. I was so scared I'd loose you if I told you. I love you mum more than I can love another person. I'm still Regina. I've always been this way. I knew when I was 13 years old I was a lesbian and I knew from then you wouldn't accept it. So I'm asking you to. I'm asking you if you'll push past your homophobic thoughts and realise I haven't changed. I'm still the same person you raised and love. Please mum accept this is me"

Cora looked at Regina softly. She saw the tears built up in her daughters eyes from the speech she just gave. She saw only her daughter. Nothing else. Just the beautiful daughter she raised. She then saw Jason sat next to her. He was looking at her the same way as Regina. He nods softly before disappearing again. Cora realised she's the reason her son is dead. She knew she was responsible for that and couldn't be for another loss. Cora wasn't prepared to lose another child.

"Yes... as much as I want you to not be I can't change that. I lost my son because I didn't accept him. He's never coming back and I can't change that. I'm not doing the same for you Regina. I'm not loosing you too" Cora replied earring her a teething smile from Regina.

The brunette stood up and walked over to her mother. Cora stood just as Regina got to her. They hugged and held each other close. Both were small and the same height. Regina let out another few tears as she realised she lost Emma. She couldn't have done this before and still stayed with her but now she's gone. Regina knew that was it. Emma wasn't coming back. They were friends and that was all it would be.

"I lost her mum... she's never going to love me again" Regina cried.

"It's ok. Any man... I mean woman would die to be with you" Cora replied while rubbing her back.