37

Regina was asleep on the chair next to Emma's bed. It's been a month since she met the mother of her girlfriend. Diana walked into the room early in the morning. She sat on the other chair since she didn't want to wake regina. She just looked at her daughter and remembered when she was young.

"Emma if you can hear me I'm sorry. I always accepted you. I just wanted you to be sure of who you are. I love you and I don't care if you forgive me or not. Just be safe" Diana says holding Emma's hand.

Regina woke up and looked at Diana. She smiled slight and sat up.

"Morning. How long you been here" Regina asked as she fixed her hair.

"Not long"

Regina stood up and kissed Emma's cheek. She rested her head on Emma's and started crying softly. She kissed Emma's lips softly as a tear landed on Emma's cheek. She stood up and wiped the few tears on her own cheek leaving the one on Emma's. It traveled down the cheek belonging to the blonde girl. Regina sat back down missing her girlfriend more than ever.

"Fuck" came from a girls voice.

Diana and Regina looked up confused. Emma was sat up in the bed breathing heavily. She looked down confused what's happened.

"Emma" Diana says getting her daughters attention.

"What? Who? Where am I? What the fuck" Emma says confused and scared.

"Emma calm down. It's me. It's mum" Diana says calming her down.

"Mum? Mum" Emma smiled.

Diana had hold of Emma's hand and was stood up looking in her eyes. She smiled and cupped her cheek to help calm her. Emma smiled and hugged her mother.

"Em it's ok. You were hit by a car and in a coma"

Emma pulled away and noticed Regina on the chair. She was sat up and looking at Emma eagerly.

"Who are you" Emma asked.

"Regina. Em it's me"

"What" the blonde questioned.

"Emma that's your girlfriend"

"Wait I came out as gay to mum? When the fuck did I do that" Emma asked looking confused at Regina. The brunette looked upset that she wasn't remembered. "She is really pretty"

"You don't remember me?" Regina asked softly.

"Emma how old you"

"17 right" she asked.

"Emma your 29 nearly 30" Regina says confusing Emma more.

"What? No I'm not. What's going on? Mum what the fuck" Emma asked now scared and worried.

"Emma calm down. Regina can you get a doctor" Diana asked as she sat next to Emma.

The brunette jumped up and left the room. She hated Emma didn't remember her but was so happy she's awake. Diana held Emma's shoulders and looked into her eyes.

"Listen to me Emma. You were in a coma for a year. You must have lost your memory. Somehow you think your 17. Your nearly 30"

"How long was I in a coma"

"A year and a half. No clue why you suddenly think your 17"

Emma was so confused. She remembers up to the day she told her mother she's bisexual. She remembers planning to tell Diana tomorrow. The doctor walked in with Regina. Emma looked confused and waited for him to talk.

"So 17 she think she's is? Did anything happen back then that could cause her to go all the way back there" the doctor ask.

"Umm Emma told me she was bisexual and then left Australia after a fight with me" Diana replied with a shrug.

"Wait I told you? I was planning on doing that tomorrow... I think" Emma replied confused even more.

"That's why. Emma was traumatised by that moment in her life. When she was in the coma her mind took her back to the day before her life changed. That's why she thinks she's 17. She hasn't met you yet Regina. She doesn't know you" the doctor explained.

"Wait a minute! Mum do you not accept it then? Is that why it's traumatic for me" Emma says shocked.

"No. I accepted it. I asked one question and you ended up leaving Australia to live here"

"And your my girlfriend" Emma asked looking at Regina.

"Yeah. I'm Regina"

"And how old are you"

"37. I also have four children who will be here to see you soon. I need to tell them your out the coma" Regina softly replied.

"How old are they"

"My eldest is 19. Then 18. 17 and last is 15. They adore you. You also have a son who has missed you so much. He's now 3 and he does have Down syndrome" Regina explains.

"I have a son. Wait with you or someone else"

"Yeah with me. We were together. Then broke up and you got pregnant but we share custody and he calls me Mamma and you mum"

"Your fucking with me now. I never wanted kids. Why would I have any and why would I be with someone who has them? You also look rich. How the fuck did we meet" Emma says not believe anything.

"I'm not fucking with you. You love kids. That's how we met. You were my nanny for my kids" Regina smirked.

"Now I know your fucking with me. Can everyone just leave me alone?! I can't do this" Emma says stressing out now.