36

Everyday. Everyday Regina goes there. The hospital. She takes her work and goes there. Waiting for Emma to just sit up and hug her. When she sleeps she dreams she's awake. She sleeps there lots anyway. It's been a year and a half. Nothing has changed in Emma. She doesn't move. She hasn't spoke. She just lays there. She can't hear anything. Regina talks to her all the time but Emma hears none of it. Today Regina woke up in the hospital. She looked to see Emma still led in the same position.

"I miss you em. Please wake up" Regina begged.

She leaned down and placed a small kiss on Emma's head. As her lips joined the light skin the door opened. Regina's head snapped round to see who it was. She didn't know the person nor recognised them.

"This is Emma's room right" the woman asked in an Australian accent.

"Who are you" Regina asked.

"Her mother"

Regina looked half confused half shocked. She tilts her head and remembers Emma's exactly words.

"They abandoned me as a child and I grew up alone"

"How? Emma said her parents abandoned her" Regina questioned.

"That's what she told you. She left. At the age of 17 she said to me that she is bisexual. I said she might be confused. She couldn't possibly bi with how she looks at men. Emma flipped out. Screaming and shouting I don't accept. That night she wrote a note and left. I haven't seen her since" the woman exclaimed.

"Really? She never told any of us that. Why did you bother coming now" Regina asked.

"I only found out a month ago. See a few years before Emma left we all moved to Australia. She hated it there because of the spiders. When I found out I did everything I could to get here"

"Well she's in a coma and has been for over a year now"

"And who are you to her" the blonde mother asked.

"Her girlfriend. Turns out she wasn't confused" Regina smiled slightly.

"Whoa. Your very pretty. Believe it or not I'm proud of my daughter and who she is. I can't wait for her to wake up so I can tell her. Wait. Can she hear me"

"I'm not sure. I don't think so. I talk to her all the time though" Regina says glancing at her girlfriend.

"So your her girlfriend? What's your name"

"Regina. Regina Mills"

"The decorator and model" the woman questioned.

"Yeah" Regina smiled.

"I'm Diana. It's nice to meet you. Do you have children"

"Yeah. 4 actually. There at school except the eldest who's at work" Regina explained.

"That's sweet. How long has Emma been like this" Diana asked.

"A year and a half now. I miss her"

"I've missed her for years now. I can't believe this happened" Diana said walking over to her daughter in the bed.

"She never talks about her parents. What about her dad"

"He left when she was young. I remarried but she hated her step dad. Emma was a very dramatic teenager"

Regina went over to her girlfriend and sat on the bed. She kissed the girl on the lips softly and hugged her body.

"I'm truly in love with her. I want to marry her" Regina says softly as she cupped her girlfriends cheek.