•1•

Kim Namjoon is studying to become an author, his dream since primary school. He has a good group of friends to back him up on it too. His school days packed with the rumbling words in his head and the one that just stumble out his mouth.

Though they are all education focused, his friends seem to be more social focused. His weekends are often spent trying to avoid alcohol and finishing off his shelves of books.
________________________

"So you ready for tonight?" Yoongi asks from beside him, one hand hung loosely on his backpack strap and the other scrolling through his social media pages.

"The party? Yeah." Namjoon says while flipping through the words that filled the pages of his, trying to juggle the conversation between him and the elder boy. it was mid-October the chilly air would pass through every now and then to disturb the edges of the pages, so he held them firmly.

"Ok, well see you there." Yoongi says as he strays from the younger feeling his focus drifting in and out. He was used to it, namjoon could never put down a book that was just opened, and yoongi could never understand what was so exciting.

"Yeah yeah bye" Namjoon says still focused on his novel at hand. The first few chapter were the most confusing. It's where the author hand to sprawlingly spread out the location, the characters, and the main focus. And that's what grabbed namjoons attention the most.

His foot had landed on something hard, slightly elevated above the usual smooth pathway. Looking away from the words, his eyes too a moms rn before realizing it was a book. A soft pink book.

He slow,y shut his book, this curious its winning over the others. Picking up the novel he could feel the jagged spine. No book title.

Flipping over the cover he was met his a black page, except for two words. A name.

"Kim Seokjin" he mumbled mindlessly flipping through the book some more.

The pages were dated, each page seemed to very from the next. On some the handwriting was rushed, and other it was slow, each letter placed with more care.

"It's a diary......." he states quietly, fascination seeming to win over his common sense, his eyes sprawled over the pages, trying to take in the words.

His logic eventually cut in, this was too personal right?

But it was tempting, I mean, being able to get a first account of someone on their normal days. To namjoon, it was like a melodramatic mystery.

The lettering confused him the most, Kim seokjin, isn't that a boys name? Namjoons wasn't one to think like this, but the lettering was loopy, like the kakao messaging font, not one you'd expect from a male. But then again the journal was pink. Maybe he could get a few clues without actually reading...

Namjoons shoved it into his bag with the intention of turning into the front office, ending his excitement. It was too personal, had rand in his head as a reminder.

He looks down at his watch to see that it's already 3pm, he was planning on going back to his apartment to study a bit before the party. He decides on taking the book to the front office the next morning instead. He used timing as reassurance, but maybe it was his own curiosity pushing him to keep the book in his possession.

Once he gets inside his apartment, which is only about a 15 minute walk away from the front of the campus. It was tiny, only sporting the necessities, but Seoul was already a hard place to find good housing, he considered himself lucky to have his own bathroom and cramped kitchen that shared the room with his desk and bed.

He tries to read the first few pages of the novel he was distracting from earlier, but his mind couldn't focus, it was screaming the same thing over and over at him. Open it.

Giving up, or mostly annoyed, he unzipped his backpack, pushing aside the books and folders lightly until he felt the unfamiliar spine of the journal.

Feeling oddly nosy today he decides to open it to the first entry, the page that started his man hunt for the person who holds the mind with such thoughts described in the book, and namjoon wanted to know why...