One

Sabina's POV- February 2018

Pretty sure I was only awake because of adrenaline and the amount of coffee I had consumed in the past days. Even if it was just for a couple of hours, I was happy to be back in my hometown.

"Hey beans, we're gonna head out"

"Thank you for coming," I said.

I hugged every single one of them goodbye and then led them out.

"See you and Dani tomorrow!"

"See you tomorrow" we called back.

Once they were gone, Dani lightly nudged me.

"You should know, you've got a shadow"

"Oh, I know" I mumbled as I followed her back inside.

"There you are!"

"Are you heading out Mrs. Errington?" I asked my elderly neighbor.

"Yes, would you be a doll and walk me?"

I was going to either way.

"Of course" I answered.

I gestured for Dani to follow us out.

"Congratulations, to both of you"

"Thank you" we both replied simultaneously.

"So your father was telling me that you'll be starting Graduate School this upcoming fall?"

"Yes, at Cal State Fullerton" I confirmed.

"What program?"

"Communicative Disorders" I answered.

I had received my BA in Speech-Language-Hearing Sciences in 2016 from the University of Minnesota, so I was going to put that to use. The goal was to get my doctorate, and if all went well I'd enrolled in a Doctorate program in approximately 3 years.

"You're going to make a great Speech Pathologist"

I smiled.

"Well this is my stop"

We walked her inside and once she was settled, Dani and I made our way back home.

"She's like a grandmother to me" I explained to Dani.

"I figured"

"She's the only one who never really approved of Christian" I disclosed.

"I never really approved of him either"

I smiled.

"You know what I mean," I told her.

Dani clicked her tongue and nodded as she stuffed her hands into the pockets of her jacket.

"She was the only one in this neighborhood besides Stevie who didn't want you to become a trophy wife"

Basically.

"I can tell him to fuck off if you want"

I laughed.

"I'm going to hear him out" I stated.

My response brought a frown to her face.

"Fuck being the bigger person, he surely wasn't when he broke up with you through a phone call!"

She had a point.

"Be nice" I replied.

She rolled her eyes.

"I'm going to go see if there's something I can help clean up with"

"Thank you," I said.

She nodded and walked ahead of me. To be honest, it was quite the sight to see a 6'4, nearly 200 lbs guy be intimidated by someone who was 5'5 and 75lbs lighter than him. Taking a deep breath, I approached my ex-boyfriend who had wanted to talk to me the whole night but was intimidated to do so because he was afraid of my teammates.