Eleven

Sabina's POV- April 2018

The NHL regular season was over, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs would be starting within the next couple of days. Tomorrow, Adrian would be flying with his team to Las Vegas where they would play the Vegas Golden Knights in the first round. I did not think it was right to go to Vegas to watch him play because although we were dating, I was not his girlfriend and I did not want to look desperate. 

"I am not ready," I told Adrian as soon as I opened the front door.

He smiled.

"I'm actually early, and our reservations aren't until 7:30"

"Well, come on in and make yourself at home" I replied.

"These are for you"

I smiled as he gave me a quick peck on my lips before handing me a bouquet of red roses.

"I can put them in a vase for you if you want, so you can finish getting ready"

"That would be wonderful" I answered.

I kissed his cheek and made my way up to my room to finish getting ready. My hair was curled, and my make up was done. All I had to do was put on my dress and heels. Once I was ready, I grabbed my clutch and walked downstairs to find Adrian seated on the couch, with Salem by his side.

"Well that's unusual" I noted.

Adrian looked up from his phone.

"What is?"

"Salem has been people watching all week" I informed him.

Stevie had installed a hammock/canopy for him on the window that I had chosen not to put a curtain because literally, no one could see inside from it. The living room was technically on the second floor, which was perfect for Salem to do what he did best that is people watching.

"I bet, he seemed pretty content up there"

"The only thing that gets him down is food and bedtime" I stated.

"I didn't notice him up there until he meowed at me"

"He's an attention seeker" I noted.

Adrian chuckled as Salem meowed and nudged his hand.

"By the way, you look beautiful"

I smiled.

"You don't look shabby yourself," I told him.

He looked good in his fitted and all black ensemble. 

"Ready to go?"

"Yes," I answered.

I led the way out, and once we were in the car I spoke up.

"So where are we going?" I wondered.

He glanced at me.

"To eat"

I rolled my eyes as a smile formed on his handsome face.

"Can you be any more specific?" I questioned.

"Of course"

He grinned.

"You mentioned you wanted to eat pasta out of a cheese wheel"

I gasped.

"It's a bit of a long drive, but the reviews look like it will be worth the drive"

"I'm excited," I told him.

I squeezed his bicep before sitting up. When we got to the restaurant, we were quickly seated. Adrian had disclosed to me before that he had a slight intolerance to dairy, so he did not order the cheese pasta. Instead, he ordered a vegetarian dish that was loaded with a nice amount of veggies and smelled amazing. His dish was made in the restaurant kitchen, whereas a chef made his way to prepare the cheese pasta in front of us. Before the chef placed my food on a plate, he insisted I take a picture for future references. Once the food was served, we were left alone.