Five

Sabina's POV- March 2018

I heard a light buzz as I slipped on my grey suede leather platform sneakers. As I stood up from my bed, my phone started ringing.

"Hello" I greeted as I answered the call.

"Hey, I think I'm outside of your place"

"I'll be right out," I told him.

Looks like he was going to have to step inside because well I still needed to feed Salem. 

"Okay, see you then"

"Bye," I said before ending the call. 

I took a deep breath as I looked at myself in the mirror. My outfit consisted of a teal satin blouse and a pair of dark blue jeans. 

"Salem, please be nice," I told my cat.

He hopped off the bed and followed me downstairs to the living room. The condo was a weird one if I do say so myself. It consisted of 3 floors, the main floor being the garage where my car was parked. I opened the door on the main floor and smiled at Adrian.

"Hi" I greeted.

He smiled.

"Hey, these are for you"

"Thank you" I replied as he stepped forward for a hug.

I kissed his cheek before accepting the chocolates and bouquet of pink roses and carnations. 

"Come on in, I still need to feed my cat" I told him.

Once he was inside, I looked at him.

"You're not allergic to cats, right?" I asked.

He shook his head.

"Are you superstitious?" I questioned.

"No"

"Okay, follow me" I told him.

I led him to my condo, and he closed the door on his way in.

"Excuse the light mess, I'm not exactly done unpacking," I said.

He chuckled as he looked at the duffel bag filled with Team USA paraphernalia. 

"Adrian, meet Salem" I stated.

My black cat, Salem cautiously made his way over and eyed him. 

"Take a seat, let me put this bouquet in a vase and feed my cat," I told him.

He took a seat.

"Take your time, I'm the one who came early"

I set the bouquet on the countertop and pulled out a vase from under the sink. As I filled the vase with some water, Salem hopped up on the counter. He meowed and lightly nudged my shoulder.

"I know boy, give me a second," I said.

He patiently waited for me to put the bouquet of flowers into the vase and then led me to his bowl. 

"Let me go get my phone from my room" I called out to Adrian.

"Okay"

I made my way upstairs to get my clutch and phone. On my way out of my room, I grabbed my jacket. I doubt I would use it, but just in case. As I walked downstairs, I noticed Salem was seated on the coffee table letting Adrian pet him.

"Is he normally this friendly?"

"No" I admitted.

Salem was a dick when it came to meeting new people. Dad liked to say it was because he was Russian.