Thirty-Five

Sabina's POV- Christmas 2018

It was late in the night when I got a call from Jonny asking me to come pick up an incredibly intoxicated, 'Juice'. He wouldn't tell me much, but he did tell me that he had taken Adrian's keys after he tried to convince them that he was okay to drive. 

"Not right now, Sabs"

"If I may remind you, you begged me to pick you up" I stated.

I reached over and helped him take his seatbelt off.

"But you're right. Not right now because I am exhausted," I told Adrian as I got out of the car.

He sluggishly got out of the car and followed me inside my childhood home. Dad had been awake eating apple pie when I left, but by the looks of it had gone to bed. Once we were up in my room, he took a seat on the edge of the bed. 

"Pick your poison," I said.

"Advil"

I handed him the bottle and as I got him my water bottle on the nightstand he popped two pills into his mouth.

"Here you go" I stated.

He took the bottle and drank a nice amount of water.

"I'm not that drunk"

I hummed.

"You sure about that?" I questioned.

He stayed quiet.

"I thought so," I said.

I closed up the water bottle as he stood up.

"Want to change into your PJs?" I asked.

He slowly nodded as he struggled with his hoodie.

"Here let me help," I told him.

I helped him undress, and watched in amusement as he put on his PJs. 

"We're matching" I noted.

Red and white striped PJs.

"Do you need to use the bathroom?" I wondered.

He shook his head.

"Then let's lie down and go to bed," I said.

I lied down so my back was facing him. In no way did I lay like that because I was mad at him, it was just the side I slept on.

"Can we trade side?"

"Sure" I replied.

I got out of bed and watched him scoot to the side I had been lying on. We were now facing each other. Even though it was dark, I knew that Adrian's eyes were opened. 

"I missed you"

I smiled and reached over to touch his face. 

"I missed you too" I answered back as I scruffed his beard.

He took hold of my hand and kissed my knuckles. We both fell asleep shortly after that. The next time I woke up was when there was a knock on the door. When I didn't answer, the door slowly cracked open. Ali peaked in and smiled at the sight of Adrian asleep on me. 

"Brunch is ready"

"We'll be down in a bit" I replied.

"Take your time"

When she closed the door, Adrian groaned.

"Good afternoon" I greeted.

"Is it really afternoon?"