Thirty Three

Sabina's POV- December 2018

"Pancakes or waffles?" I asked.

"Whichever is fine, as long as there is bacon"

I laughed.

"Gotcha" I noted.

I climbed off the bed and kissed his cheek. 

"Did the lovebirds make it upstairs last night?"

"I don't think so" I replied.

I opened the bedroom door and stepped out. As I walked down the stairs, I could hear the downstairs shower. Guess they slept on the pullout couch in the living room instead of the nice expensive California king bed in the guest room. Paul was asleep on the couch, his face buried into a pillow. 

Turns out he was quite the heavy sleeper because I turned on the coffee maker and began frying bacon, and scrambled eggs. As I was pouring mix into the waffle maker, Stevie made her way out of the downstairs bathroom.

"Morning" I greeted.

She smiled and made her way over. 

"Need help?"

"You can help some fruits up," I told her.

Once she was slicing up some strawberries, I spoke up, in Spanish. 

"So your late boy toy cornered me last night" I informed her.

She sighed and shook her head.

"What did he want?"

"To know how you and red are doing" I answered as I put the now cooked waffle on a plate and pour batter into the waffle maker.

The point of talking in Spanish was to keep things within ourselves. Name pronunciation sounded the same in any language, so it was best to change the name. 

"Of course he did"

"He wanted to know how serious you two were" I disclosed.

"And what did you say?"

"That it was serious" I replied.

She nodded.

"Good"

"It looks like he still has feelings for you," I told her.

"He's got a girlfriend"

"Oh, I reminded him of it" I stated.

That girl was head over heels in love with him, and if she found out that he was still into Stevie she'd be heartbroken. Yes, the girl was a downright bitch but no one deserved to go through that.

"He told me he pushed for a relationship," I said.

She laughed.

"I can assure you he did not. The communication died down the second we stopped sleeping with each other. I tried to keep in contact, and it was he who ignored me"

"You're one of the reasons why he signed with this team," I told her as I placed the other waffle on the plate and added some mix on the waffle maker again.

"And yet this is the first time I'm hearing of this"

I shrugged.

"I'm just telling you what he told me" I stated.

She slowly nodded.

"I told him your feelings for him are nonexistent" I informed her.

"Good"

"Did red not bring it up?" I wondered.

"He did not"

Paul had seen me get pulled into an equipment room, and he looked worried up until Stevie showed up last night. 

"I asked him if he wanted to know what boy toy and I talked about" I mentioned.

"What did he say?"

"That he'd rather not know" I answered.

She nodded.

"So what's our story?"

I smiled and placed the waffle on the plate and poured some batter into the waffle maker.

"You decide," I told her.

"Let me tell you about my week"

So she started, and just as she finished, Paul groaned. Salem had decided to wake him up by licking him in the face. 

"Morning" I greeted.

He shifted on his side, facing us and mumbled,

"Morning"

Or something to the sound of that. Stevie finished slicing up pieces of strawberries and bananas and then made her way over to her boo. Salem did not like that Paul's attention was diverted to Stevie, so he hopped off the couch and ran upstairs. A couple of seconds later, I heard Adrian laugh.

"Breakfast is almost ready" I called out.

"Be down in 5!"

Adrian kept true to his word and made his way downstairs a couple of minutes later as I placed finished plating food onto 4 plates.

"Should we continue practicing your Spanish more?" I asked Stevie as she made her way over.

A sleepy Paul was slowly following her.

"Nah, Paul and Adrian might assume we're talking about them"

"You're right," I said.

I took a bite of a piece of strawberry and looked at Paul.

"Do you know Spanish?" I wondered.

He snorted as he took a seat.

"Uh, no"

I handed him and Stevie their plates.

"It would be cool to learn"

"Stevie has lost some fluency, so we've been working on it" I noted.

"So you're Fluent?"

"Yes," I confirmed.

"Cool, when'd you learn the language? I learned French in High School, but now that I think of it I should have learned Spanish instead"

I smiled.

"It's actually my first language" I mentioned.

"Oh right, your dad was born in Argentina"

"How old were you when you learned English?"

"I was 4" I replied.

He hummed and reached for a strawberry slice.

"No way, so cool"

I looked at Adrian.

"Did you not fix your hair?" I asked.

"No, how does it look?"

It was all over the place.

"Juice, I think it's time for a haircut"

Since I met Adrian, he's always had his 'flow'. However, I had seen a picture of him with short hair, and well he looked good.

"Nah, I just need to comb it. Right, beb?"

"Maybe shave" I noted.

The look of betrayal...was hilarious.