Twenty - Three

Sabina's POV- August 2018

"Adrian" I called out.

I had looked everywhere and I could not find my ring.

"Yeah?"

"Have you seen my ring?" I wondered.

"Yeah, it's on the kitchen counter. You took it off when you washed the dishes I told you I would do"

I made my way out of his bedroom and down the hallway.

"You know, you've misplaced that ring a lot this week"

He was right.

"One of the diamonds is starting to loosen up so I've avoided having it on when washing dishes and even showering" I explained.

"We can go to a jeweler and get it tightened?"

I was actually going to wait it out until I got back home, but I'd probably lose the ring if I kept taking it off.

"That actually sounds like a great idea," I told him.

"I'm sure it doesn't take to long, we can go before dinner"

I slipped on my ring and nodded as I looked down at it.

"It must mean a lot if you freak out every time you misplace it"

"My dad gave it to me for my 15th birthday" I stated.

At the time it was just the ruby stone.

"And I took it off when Christian gave me a promise ring," I said.

His mom was so pissed when she found out that he had given me a ring.

It was nothing too big, in fact, the ring my dad gave me had a bigger stone

It was nothing too big, in fact, the ring my dad gave me had a bigger stone. My dad noticed the ring exchange right away, and I mean it was obvious. The ring my dad gave me had a ruby, my birthstone whereas the ring Christian gave me had tanzanite, his birthstone on it.

"When he broke up with me, his mom asked for the ring back" I disclosed.

She nearly broke my finger while trying to pull it off. Christian actually tried to give it back, and as much as the ring meant to me, I chose not to accept it.

"I got used to wearing a ring on that finger, so I asked my dad where my old ring was" I mentioned.

We had to get it resized and while it was there my dad added a little more to it.

"It didn't fit me anymore, so we had to get it resized. At the time, it was just a ruby stone. He added the two diamonds and gave it to me as a Christmas gift" I explained.

I was playing professional hockey for the Buffalo Beats, and he and Ali made the trip to spend Christmas with me.

"It's a beautiful ring"