Forty

Sabina's POV- January 2019
Both my alarm clock and Adrian's went off at the same time. I sat up and shut off both before turning to Adrian.

"Coffee?" I asked.

Keeping his eyes closed, he nodded.

"Yes, please"

I stood up and made my way over to my closet. Thankfully, I laid out my clothes for today, so I just had to change into them. My outfit consisted of black yoga pants, a long sleeve blouse, a hoodie, and a pair of running shoes. There was a small duffle bag that already had my medals, sharpies, and my jersey. Today was going to be a LONG day, but it would be worth it because it was for a good cause. Once I changed, I went to put on a bit of makeup. My sleeping patterns were all over the place, and I blamed winter break for that. No one needed to know how dark my under eyes looked. I took my time because I would be photographed before, during and after the event and well I wanted to look nice. As nice as one can with a jersey and work out gear on.

"I'm loving the braids"

I smiled as Adrian walked into the bathroom just as I finished getting ready

"Thank you, I was going to put it up in a ponytail but my baby hairs would require too much hairspray. I used pomade to keep them slicked back" I said.

He nodded.

"The pomade should help against the humidity"

He pursed his lips a bit indicating he wanted a kiss. 

"No funny business" I noted.

"I promise"

I met him halfway on his kiss, and then let him have his privacy in the bathroom. Once I was in the kitchen, I decided to make Adrian something more filling than overnight oats. He did like them because he liked sweet foods, but it wasn't enough for him. Just as I placed the omelets on the plates he walked down the stairs.

"It smells amazing"

He gave me a quick smooch before filling himself up a cup of coffee.

"I thought you were having overnight oats?"

"I'm taking it as my snack" I replied.

He nodded and added some almond milk in his coffee.

"I'm sure there will be food, Bebs"

"I know, but I'll probably get hungry before the game" I stated.

I took a sip of my coffee as he sat next to me.

"What time will you be home?"

"I should be back by 11" I answered.

He smiled.

"Then I will see you then"

He took a bite of his omelet.

"Send me a text when you get there?"

"Will do" I replied as I dug into my food.

We both finished up eating about 15 minutes later and then rushed out. He was headed to practice and I was headed to Malibu. I guess I rushed or got no traffic because I got to Pepperdine University pretty fast. As I got out of my car, I sent Adrian a text telling him I had arrived. He had practice, so I doubt I'd hear back from him anytime soon.

"You're here early"

I glanced up from my phone to see Christian making his way over.

"I thought there would be traffic" I admitted.

"Thank for coming"

"Of course" I replied.

I accepted his hug and kissed his cheek.