Twenty - Six

Sabina's POV- October 2018

Adrian shifted on his side as I stretched over him in order to shut off my alarm. I made sure it was not snoozed because I did not need it to ring while I was in the bathroom getting ready. There was no need for Adrian to be up yet, he did not have to be up for another 45 minutes or so. I kissed his cheek and got no response from him because he was already asleep. My mind was still getting used to the sudden overcharge I was giving it. Grad School was hard, and I was incredibly thankful I had saved up to not work and to keep my dad's financial reliance at a minimum. I climbed off the bed and grabbed my duffle bag.

I washed my face and then brushed my teeth. While my primer 'set', I changed into my clothes. After that I put on the basics of makeup; concealer, foundation, mascara, eyebrow product, setting power and some bronzer. Once I applied that on, I set my face with setting spray. I put away all my stuff and then quickly did my business and after that, I washed my hands and pulled my hair up in a ponytail. I made my way out of the bathroom with my duffle bag and placed it by the door of Adrian's room. Instead of going into the room, I walked over to the kitchen. I couldn't help but smile when I noticed his coffee maker was almost done with a batch. The machine allowed you to program it to start making coffee at a certain time.

He had practice, so I fixed him up a light breakfast. After practice, he and some teammates would probably go get lunch. Today was going to be a long day, but I had packed lunch and would get dinner with some classmates right before class. After class, I had to meet with my advisor to complete a graduate student class plan. The goal was to graduate in May 2020 but I had learned to not plan that ahead in life.

I placed a fried egg on a piece of toast and reached for a napkin as I looked at the four pieces of avocado toast (with egg). As I filled two mugs with coffee, I heard Adrian's alarm ring. I reached for the creamer and added enough to color the coffee and then made my way to the bedroom.

"Morning" I greeted.

Adrian was now sitting up, and rubbing his eyes. I crossed the room and offered him a cup of coffee. He gladly took the coffee and took a sip of it.

"Morning"

I smiled and leaned in to give him a quick kiss.

"Come on, get up I made you some avocado toast," I told him.

"Thanks, beb"

I accepted the mug back and made my way back to the kitchen. A couple of minutes later, Adrian made his way into the kitchen and took a seat next to me.

"So how does your day look today?"

He added some everything bagel seasoning on his toast and then began eating.

"After class, I'm meeting with my advisor to complete a class plan" I replied.

I took a bite of my slice of toast.

"I'll eat my lunch and then I'll head to the library to read an article for my 7 PM class" I added.

He licked his lips 'cleaning' the egg yolk from his mouth.

"What about dinner?"

I smiled.

"I'm meeting with a classmate and we're getting dinner at 5" I answered.

He nodded.

"And then you have class?"

Yes.

"What about you, what do you have planned for today?" I asked.

"Uh, Lauren actually asked if I could hang out with Jonny"

He was out indefinitely with a shoulder injury and was probably driving his poor wife crazy.

"I'm gonna go pick him up to have lunch and will probably just stay there the whole day"

That made sense.

"She invited me over for dinner"

"Lauren can cook" I noted.

He nodded agreeing.

"She was actually hoping you would want to sit next to her during the home opener?"

"Of course I will" I answered.

He smiled.

"Have you talked with Stevie?"

"I have not" I replied.

She was busy with school.

"So Paul thinks he did something wrong"

Of course, that happened.

"How long has she ignored him for?" I asked.

"All weekend"

It was Tuesday.

"He did nothing wrong, she just has an exam today," I told him.

It's why I was not meeting up with her and Mari today for lunch.

"She will call him after" I assured him.

"I'll let him know"

We both finished eating, and as I stood up he reached for my plate.

"I got it, I'm good on time but you may be running late soon"

He was right, I had to leave his place within the next 5-10 minutes in order to get to campus and have enough time to look for parking.

"Thanks for making me food"

"You know I don't mind" I replied.

I took a sip of my coffee and kissed his cheek as he took the empty mug. Once I slipped on my shoes, I grabbed my stuff and made my way out of the room.

"Let me help you with that"

He took my duffel bag and backpack and followed me out.

"Can I go over later on?"

"Yeah, of course" I answered.

He nodded.

"Does Salem need to be fed?"

"No, I got him a programmable feeder" I replied.

"Fancy"

Oh yeah, it let me be out without the worry of him being hungry.

"Well I will see you later then"

I watched as he put away my stuff in the back before closing the trunk once he was done.

"See you then" I responded.

He gave me a quick peck, and I was off to school. Just as I got to campus, my phone started ringing. I looked at the screen and saw the caller was, Christian Yelich. Taking a deep breath, I swiped my finger across the screen, accepting the call.

"Hello," I said.

"Hey, uh it's Christian"

A/N: What does her Ex want?