Fourteen

Sabina's POV- May 2018

The doorbell rang just as I finished running my hand through my freshly curled hair. I chose to ignore the doorbell because if it was Stevie, she'd come up on her own because she had keys to the doors. It was still early though, and she had texted me before her exam telling me she'd call before her exam. I reached for my phone and saw I had no texts from Stevie. Dad had installed a camera outside the condo, so I opened the app to see who was outside. To be honest, I was a bit surprised to see Alecia, my ex-boyfriend's mother standing there. She rang the doorbell once more and that's when I noticed that she saw that the newly installed intercom.

"Hello, is anyone in there?"

I reached for my phone and sent Stevie a text telling her that Alecia was outside the condo. After that, I chose to ignore the woman outside and continue getting ready.

"Sabina, are you in there?"

Just as I finished applying the base to my makeup, my phone started ringing. It was a Facetime call, from Adrian.

"Hey" I greeted as he appeared on the screen.

He smiled.

"Morning"

The doorbell rang once again.

"Sabina, are you in there?"

He raised an eyebrow.

"Who's that?"

I sighed.

"My ex-boyfriend's mom" I answered.

"She knows where you live?"

"She knows my dad owns the condo" I stated.

The 'home' address I used was my dad's place, oh and my PO box but that doesn't really count.

"I can get Lucy to your place?"

"Doesn't she have class?" I questioned.

He shook his head.

"No, she wrapped up the semester yesterday"

I nodded.

"Yeah, can you ask her to come?" I pleaded.

He paused the call.

"I'll send her a text right now"

"She's got keys, so just tell her to come right up," I told him.

"Okay"

"Stevie gave her a key because Salem is terrified of the intercom," I said.

It was a new sound.

"Sabs, you don't need to give me an explanation"

I grabbed my CC cream, and just as I pumped two pumps onto the top of my foundation brush, he spoke up.

"She's on her way"

"Okay," I quietly said.

The doorbell rang.

"Sabina, I know you're in there"

I began to blend the CC cream onto my face slowly.

"Sabs, you're shaking"

"I don't know why she's here," I told Adrian.

She was nothing short of a bitch when I refused to hear her son out after a year after he broke up with me.

"Call the police"

"No, then she'll know where I live," I said.

"Sabina, I just want to talk. Please come downstairs; I know you're up there"