Two

Sabina's POV- February 2018

I was a total weenie when it came to the cold, which many found hilarious since you know...I was a professional ice hockey player. As a California Native, I was not used to chilly weather. Anything under 72 degrees Fahrenheit was considered cold to me. Growing up, I balanced hockey and softball. Hockey was played in the fall/winter, and Softball in the Spring/summer. I was actually recruited to play Softball for LSU and Florida, but they did not have the major I wanted to study, so I turned down the offer. The University of Wisconsin-Madison recruited me and I actually went to look at the campus and meet the team. I ended up turning down their offer because I felt more of a connection with the program (academic and hockey team). It was so cold, but the experience was so worth it and I had no regrets.

"Somehow I knew I'd find you two here"

As soon as Dani and I finished our interviews, I convinced her to join me in getting something to eat. We were both starving, and the last time we had eaten was a couple of hours ago, the meal was a bagel sandwich.

"We got hungry," I told our twin teammates.

Monique laughed and reached over to steal a fry.

"Have you checked your twitter?"

I mean, I had a twitter but that did not mean I was active on that form of social media.

"No" I replied.

Jocelyne smiled.

"You should check your twitter"

I pulled my phone out of the pocket off my hoodie and unlocked it.

"So what am I looking for?" I questioned.

"Go to Knighters twitter"

I did as told and waited for it to load.

"So have you talked with your ex?"

"I talked with him last night" I answered.

The page fully loaded and I was able to look at her last tweet, a reply to... @ ChristianYelich and it said

HilaryKnight: @ ChristianYelich Pretty sure she stopped being 'your' girl a long time ago bud...

"Oh god" I mumbled as I noticed more than half of the team had liked the tweet.

I tapped on the screen to see his original tweet.

Congratulations to the US Women's Hockey team, specifically my girl @ Sabina12 on winning Olympic gold.

"Why was he at the party last night? Pretty sure Spring Break training is going on"

"He flew home specifically for my party," I told them.

They both frowned.

"Please tell me you didn't get back with him"

None of my teammates liked him, not after how he chose to end out relationship.

"I did not" I replied.

Dani decided to pipe in.

"But they did kiss"

Monique laughed.

"I sure hope that was a kiss goodbye"

"It was" I confirmed.

"So is he still a good kisser?"

"He is" I admitted.

"He's a dumbass for even letting you go in the first place"