Seven

Sabina's POV- March 2018

Adrian had been pretty quiet the entire drive, and I could not tell if it was because of the Kings 7-2 loss. Yes, I played hockey but that gave me no right to give any criticism. He had not played his best, but neither had his teammates. You lose as a team, and you win as one as well. 

"Thanks for coming out"

"Thank you for inviting me out," I told him.

"I've been craving Korean BBQ, and none of the guys want to come with"

"I'm glad I can join you then" I stated.

He chuckled.

"You are much nicer company"

I laughed as he winked at me before holding the door open for me. Once we were inside, we were quickly seated. He stood out like a sore thumb, probably because he was overdressed.

"I'll give you two some minutes to decide on what you want to eat, but before I go would you like to order your drinks?"

My eyes glanced through the menu before looking up.

"I'll have a ginger ale," I told him.

"Of course"

He looked at Adrian.

"I'll have the same, and could we get a pitcher of water?"

The waiter nodded.

"I will be back with your drinks"

As he left, Adrian spoke up.

"When you were in Korea, did you get a chance to eat some authentic food?"

I smiled.

"Yeah, even though we were told not to," I told him.

There was a reason why our nutritionist warned us about eating the local foods, and that was food poisoning. I actually played a game fighting a bug, and it was honestly the worse. Yet I chose to disregard the warnings because most of the time, the food was worth it.

"I love food, so when we went exploring I convinced Dani to try some street food with me," I said.

Most of the team went to watch skiing, whereas I chose to try the food, priorities.

"I tried fried squid" I disclosed.

"How'd that taste?"

"Like calamari" I stated.

I tried all kinds of dumplings.

"There deserts were by far the best" I admitted.

The cotton candy, mochi, ice cream, rice cakes, and red bean buns tasted amazing.

"Did you eat Korean BBQ?"

"Yes, I literally dragged Dani with me on our last night there" I answered.

It was why some of us were tired because we chose to eat instead of sleeping that night.

"So what should we order?"

I bit my lower lip as I scanned through the menu.

"How hungry are you?" I questioned.

He smiled.

"Very"

I nodded and glanced up as our waiter made his presence known by placing a nice amount of sides on our table. He lit up the grill and then smiled at us.

"What shall I start you both off?"

Adrian looked at me.

"We'll have" I started.