Thirty

Sabina's POV- November 2018

"What are you doing?"

"Giving my viewers what they want" I answered.

Adrian was well aware I had a Vlog channel.

"And what is it they want?"

"They want a get unready with me" I replied.

He slowly nodded and leaned against the doorway.

"So skin care?"

"Basically" I answered.

"People watch anything nowadays"

I smiled.

"Will you be watching my video?" I asked.

He grinned.

"Of course!"

I laughed and reached for my makeup balm remover.

"Are you hungry? There's food in the fridge" I told him.

"Already in the microwave"

The Kings had a game against the Ducks. It was a home game, so, unfortunately, I wasn't able to make it to at least the third period. My class wrapped up early, but even then I got home at around 10 PM as opposed to the usual 10:45 PM. I was finishing up eating dinner when the doorbell rang. No, Adrian did not have a key to my place and he did not mind. Dad was okay with Adrian having a key, and I had not actually gotten around to going to a hardware store to get a copy. 

"I'll let you get unready"

He winked and stepped out of the bathroom. I went back to taking off my makeup, once it was off, I shut off my camera and got undressed to shower. Today had been a long day, my advisor had asked for me to drop by his office early which meant I had to leave my place at around 12 PM as opposed to the usual 2 PM. I got to campus at around 1:30 and met up with him for a total of an hour. After that, I got something to eat and went to class. Usually class wrapped up at 6:30 which gave me time to get a quick meal. This time, the lecture and discussion ran until 6:55 PM giving me no time to get food. I was starving by the time my 7 PM class wrapped up early at 9:30 PM, but I chose to eat some leftovers at home instead of eating fast food. 

Once I was out of the shower, I wrapped my hair in a towel and quickly changed into my PJs before turning the camera back on. There was a quick 'flick' on the doorknob of the bathroom. I opened the door and smiled at Salem as he trotted into the bathroom. He took a seat on the toilet seat and watched as I continued my night routine. I unwrapped my hair and combed through it. He bolted the second he saw me reaching for my blow dryer. It was late, and I wanted to go to bed already and it was not okay to go to bed with damp hair. Personally, my hair got really tangled and I was a total weenie when it came to dealing with knotted hair. I shut off my camera and quickly put it away. Adrian had finished eating and had relocated from the living room to the bedroom. He was already under the blankets and halfway through an episode of One Day at a Time.

"How was your day?"

I groaned as I lied down next to him. 

"Long" I admitted.

"Did you not have time to eat dinner in between class?"

I shook my head.

"No, the class ran longer than it should have. I grabbed a granola bar and a coffee from the vending machine during the 15-minute break though" I said.

"You're running really low on your snacks"

"Want to go to Costco?" I asked.

He shut off the TV and pulled me closer.

"Can we go on Friday? I have the day off"

"Friday it is" I stated.

"So, Quickie mentioned something to me during practice this morning"

He laughed as I groaned.

"Did Toff's wife really ask you for your gold medal?"

I had gone to the game this past Saturday, and well I got to meet most of the Wives and Girlfriends. They were all really nice, but there were some...that seemed to be very straightforward. 

"Yeah, she asked if she could hold it and take a picture with it" I answered.

Even if I had it with me, I would not let her take a picture with it.

"It's as if she thought I carry it with me everywhere I go" I told him.

He chuckled.

"I heard she asked where it was"

"She did" I confirmed.

It was in a safe at the bank. 

"I let children take pictures with it, but not a grown ass woman who wants to post a 'cute' picture on IG" I replied.

"What did you tell her?"

"That I had my Silver medal back at home, and she was welcomed to take a picture with it if she wanted" I replied.

"Oh this is hilarious"

"She just scrunched up her nose and excused herself away" I stated.

He laughed.

"Why didn't you tell me this after the game?"

I shrugged.

"I didn't think it mattered" I admitted.

"You know I love a good laugh"