Eight

Sabina's POV- March 2018

My eyes snapped open at the sound of light buzzing. I really needed to get a doorbell, everyone always pressed the intercom thinking it was a doorbell. Because it was broken only a buzzing noise was heard around the whole place, and Salem hated it. 

Adrian insisted on helping with brunch today, so I chose to sleep in. However, he was supposed to call when he was on his way, so I could change. I quickly got out of bed and grabbed my robe as I rushed downstairs to the bottom floor.

"You were supposed to call and tell me you were on your way," I said as I opened the door.

Adrian offered me a smile.

"Good morning to you too, I like your outfit"

I admit I was surprised by the kiss in the mouth that followed.

"So what are we making?"

"Omelettes and crepes" I answered.

"I can help cut up the fruits and veggies"

"Should I let you near a knife?" I questioned as I stepped back for him to walk ahead of me.

I turned to him to see a smile had formed on his pretty face.

"You're funny"

I followed him up the stairs and into the condo where Salem greeted him with a meow.

"Hey, buddy"

It was pretty amazing to watch Adrian interact with Salem considering how much of a jerk my cat was with men.

"You still have all the flowers I got you"

Yup, all 3 bouquets were thriving at the moment. 

"While I change real quick, do you mind moving them from the kitchen counter to the coffee table?" I asked.

"I can do that"

He slipped off his hoodie as I made my way upstairs.

"Sabina"

"Yes?" I called out.

"Is there a downstairs bathroom?"

"Yes, it's in front of the staircase," I told him.

"Okay"

I did not want it to look like I was trying too hard, so I decided to change into an olive green t-shirt and a pair of blue jeans. My hair was a slight mess, so I quickly pulled it up into a top knot before making my way out of the room. Adrian was making his way out of the bathroom as I walked down the stairs.

"Let's make some food," I announced.

The fruits and veggies were cut up already, so I had Adrian whisk the egg for me. As he did that, I heated up the skillet.

"Your dad must be happy to have you home"

Yesterday, Adrian had texted me early in the afternoon asking if I was busy. He was going to make the drive to Ontario to hang out with some of his friends who played for the Kings Minor League. Lauren, Jonny Brodzinski's fiance had asked Adrian to invite me. I had to turn down the offer because my dad had made the drive from Thousand Oaks to visit. He actually spent the night, but he had work in the morning so he left early in the morning. 

"He is" I confirmed.

"He could pass off as your brother"

I had posted a picture on my IG story of me and my dad. Let me tell you, my dad did not look his age. He was 47 years old but could easily be mistaken to be in his late 30's.