Three

Sabina's POV- March 2018

I yawned as I took a sip of my coffee.

"What'cha doin'?"

My coffee was then taken from me.

"Replying to an email from my soon to be advisor" I replied.

"Eww"

Although the semester did not start until August, my advisor wanted me to meet the faculty and my future classmates. He had asked for my availability and as of March 7, I would be permanently home in SoCal.

"So have you called Adrian?"

I looked at Dani who smiled.

"I have not" I replied.

A scowl appeared on her face.

"He's 2 years younger" I brought up.

No I had not looked him up, the twins did and they told me.

"So? It's not that big of an age gap"

"He looks like a fucking model" I complained.

She laughed.

"So do you"

I rolled my eyes at her.

"He seems interested"

"Did Jonny tell you this?" I questioned.

She took a sip of my coffee and nodded.

"Yup"

A sly smile appeared on her face.

"He looks like a total fuck boy, but he's a well-mannered boy. If you don't believe me, why don't you ask Stevie for Alex's number?"

Yeah, I happened to know Alex Iaffalo. My roommate (actual BFF) and he had this casual friend with benefits relationship in college. They'd have sex every time UMD played Minnesota and I absolutely despised him for that because it meant I could not sleep on my own bed.

"He owes me" I mumbled to her before looking out the window.

It was early and extremely cold this fine morning, which made sense since we were in Annapolis and it was snowing. Normally, I was an iced coffee kind of gal, but at the moment I was thankful for warm coffee.

"It's still early in California" I brought up.

She snorted.

"It is not Sabina. Stop stalling, or I'll give Jonny your number to give to Adrian"

Was that a threat?

"You wouldn't" I stated.

She smiled.

"I wouldn't but Knighter would"

She was right.

"Fine," I said giving in.

I sent Stevie a text asking her for Alex's phone number. Like a true bestfriend, she replied with the contact information and added a reply saying we'd talk about it when I got home. Stevie was unable to make it to my welcome back party only because she had an exam to study for. School came first, so we agreed we'd meet up when she had more time. Her schedule was all over the place, but that was expected. She was in Veterinarian school, which was technically Med School for all types of animals.

"It's like noon over there, he will be fine"

I shooed her away as I pressed the phone against my ear. It began ringing as she grinned at me.

"But I want to hear"

"Go away," I said.

She pouted and did as told just as the call was answered.