Fifteen

Sabina's POV- May 2018

I pulled my water bottle out of my backpack and placed my Chris Taylor bobblehead in its place, all while balancing my cheese fries on my lap.

"Where's Manny?"

I glanced up just as Lucy took a seat next to me.

"He went to get a beer," I told Lucy.

Manny was Lucy's good friend, and also her cousin, Leo's bestfriend. I had actually met them both last week at Leo's graduation party.

"And Stevie?"

"Bathroom" I answered.

She nodded.

"Adrian wanted me to ask if you booked the flights?"

"I did" I confirmed.

This morning actually.

"I even booked my flight back" I added.

"When do you get back?"

"August 4th at 9 AM" I replied.

"If you need someone to pick you up from the airport, I don't mind"

"I'll keep that in mind" I responded.

She smiled and took a sip of her soft drink.

"Are you excited?"

"I am" I admitted.

Before she could ask more, Stevie and Manny returned. I looked at Lucy as Stevie and Manny sat next to each other and continue their conversation they were having.

"Manny, here's your hot dog"

He glanced away from Stevie and reached over for the hot dog.

"Thanks, Luce"

And just like that, he continued his conversation with Stevie. I admit, they looked cute together and well Manny certainly had the looks and brains. He had just finished up his 3rd year of Medical School and was also incredibly handsome.

"So Marisol is talking with CB today"

"Which means she's here" I noted.

She nodded.

"Yeah, CT gave Desi two tickets"

"That makes sense"

Marisol was Lucy's bestfriend, and Desiree was Marisol's cousin and also Leo's older sister. I had met Lucy's friends last week when I was invited to Leo's graduation party. He had just wrapped up his Masters in Engineering and would be taking his license exam in a couple of weeks to make everything legit.

"Desi met CT's family last night"

"Well that makes sense, it is his bobblehead night" I answered.

CB was Cody Bellinger and CT was Chris Taylor, they played for the Dodgers.

"Mari came for support and of course to talk with CB"

Makes sense.

"If Christian had begged you to take him back a couple of weeks after he broke up with you, would you have taken him back?"

"I would have" I admitted.

She raised an eyebrow.

"At the moment, I was dead in love with him. Luce, you have to understand that when those feelings are strong you don't think straight" I stated.

Those feelings were long gone now though.

"So you're saying Mari has strong feelings for CB?"

I nodded.

"I take it you don't like him?" I questioned.

"I tolerate him, it's his family I don't like"

"Maybe it will be different this time," I assured her.

"I sure hope so"

"I was actually hoping you could do me a favor" I brought up.

"What is it?"

"The week of fourth of July, I'll be in Punta Cana with my family," I told her.

My dad would also be proposing to his girlfriend.

"The dogs will be boarded, and so will my dad's cats but Salem hates those places" I explained.

He refused to eat and was a total dick to the people there.

"I would totally take him for the week, but Cheeto hates every animal including his reflection"

She had an orange tabby named Cheeto.

"But I don't mind driving over to feed him and spend some time with him"

"You wouldn't?" I asked.

She shook her head.

"No, and I'm sure if I ask Mari she'd join me"

"Thank you so much," I told her.

She smiled.

"I also don't mind taking care of him while you were in Sweden"

"That would be great" I admitted.

"I don't mind, Sabs. You go and enjoy your vacation that is long overdue"

That's true.

"Thank you," I said.

"Just bring me back a knick-knack"

"I will" I promised.

She smiled.

"Now let's enjoy this game"

The Dodgers beat the Phillies, 8-2 and we even appeared on the screen.

liked by adriankempe and 1,428 others.

sabinarodrigues: When you like how you look in this picture, but your bestfriend doesn't ✂️ ✂️

view all 243 comments

steviesworld: My jaw looks amazing, unfortunately, the rest of my face did not look good 🤢

liked by steviesworld and 2,798 others

sabinarodrigues: So glad I was able to brighten this girl's morning. Happiest birthday, Luce.  Tomorrow, we dance and party 🍾

view all 296 comments.

steviesworld: not pictured, me scarfing down my acai bowl next to Lucy. #notphotogenic