NINE - MAYAKO.

⊱ ────── {.⋅ ✯ ⋅.} ────── ⊰

mayako's pov.

in class, i tried to pay attention as the biology teacher lectured us - something about okazaki fragments and dna polymerase? it was nearly impossible with hongjoong in front of me. i could've stared at the back of his head all day. i was that whipped.

the teacher came around to collect homeworks. i had mine - it was probably incorrect, but i had it. yet, hongjoong did not.

"miyako, let me copy yours," he whispered.

i nodded and slipped it to him. apparently, i wasn't stealthy enough...

"yah! kim hongjoong! sato mayako! are you two cheating on the homeworks?" the teacher yelled.

i was terrified as i stood, "y-yes,"

"dentention."

⊱ ────── {.⋅ ✯ ⋅.} ────── ⊰

hongjoong sat beside me as we endured the pain of dentition together. the teacher who was 'watching us' had fallen asleep already.

"hey, get that smile of your face." hongjoong groaned, watching his clock.

"why? it's kinda fun being stuck here, don't you think?"

he sighed and raised his eyebrow at me, "what kind of air do they have in japan to make someone this insane?"

i flicked his arm, "hey! that was mean,"

"you owe me one after this."

"i owe you one? you were the one who copied!" i was heated.

he returned, "you were the one who got us caught and told the truth."

"isn't that what i'm supposed to do?" i asked, not really wanting an answer.

hongjoong stared at me coldly, "treat me to tteokbokki and i'll get over it."

⊱ ────── {.⋅ ✯ ⋅.} ────── ⊰