TWENTY NINE - HYUNRI.

⊱ ────── {.⋅ ✯ ⋅.} ────── ⊰

hyunri's pov.

in the school's library, i spent my afternoon doing homework and studying. i was peaceful until seonghwa decided to sit by me. it seemed like he was always at he library with me these days. i should expect him by now, but still, i watched incredulously as he placed his books down neatly and smiled at me.

"can i study with you?" he asked. i gulped and nodded at seonghwa, who was already opening his books, "sure!"

every passing second i glanced at him quickly and took a deep breath. i mean, a whole greek god is sitting beside me so i obviously felt nervous.

"so what do you want to be when you get older?" seonghwa questioned as he tapped his pen on my hand.

"i think a surgeon... like my dad."

"ohhh" he nodded and reclined in his seat. "you'd be a good surgeon."

i quickly looked back at my paper, being nervous and awkward for no reason.

"do you wanna go over english with me?" he suggested with a smile. i nodded back, handing him my flash cards and we began to revise.

⊱ ────── {.⋅ ✯ ⋅.} ────── ⊰

three hours or so passed quickly - i'm surprised we even stayed so long. i enjoyed it so much, it didn't even feel like studying. seonghwa and i packed out backpacks back up with books before the library closed.

i opened my mouth to ask him a question before i heard a group of girls talking nearby,

"it's the genius couple! don't you think they're kinda cute?"

seonghwa heard it too and chuckled casually, while i was freaking out. my cheeks were probably as red as cherries.

"genius couple?" seonghwa just had to ask me. "sounds like us."

"b-but... we're not dating." i managed to reply with a chuckle as i avoided eye contact.

"hmm you're right. too bad." seonghwa sighed loudly. i stared as he walked ahead of me with his long ass legs to the exit.

what was that supposed to mean? 'too bad' could be good or bad for me. this boy...

seonghwa held the big library door open and i walked under his arm. he giggled and said, "so should i walk you home?"

"um if you w-want,"

he nodded silently then pat my back, leaving his warm hand there. i wanted to explode.

"then let's go, hyun."

⊱ ────── {.⋅ ✯ ⋅.} ────── ⊰