FORTY TWO - KARAOKE.

⊱ ────── {.⋅ ✯ ⋅.} ────── ⊰

trying new things out! it is
super fun to write this way,
expect more chapters like
this in the future, loves! <3

also tell me what you think !

⊱ ────── {.⋅ ✯ ⋅.} ────── ⊰

with yeeun, hongjoong, yeosang, jongho,huiyin, seonghwa, hyunri, & mayako

huiyin, seonghwa, hyunri, & mayako

⊱ ────── {.⋅ ✯ ⋅.} ────── ⊰

narrator's pov.

at 7:15 sharp, the teenagers arrived to the karaoke. since yeeun's friend group was also close with some of yeosang's friends, they thought i'd be nice to invite them all as a group... like a big double date.

huiyin, yeeun, mayako, and hyunri sat in a circle around the song-choosing ipad, while the boys - seonghwa, yeosang, jongho, and hongjoong - talked amongst themselves.

"i can't believe she dragged me into this," hongjoong sighed as he rubbed his temples.

seonghwa, who sat next to him, chuckled and pat his shoulder, "you'll be fine. which girl? mayako?"

hongjoong nodded discreetly. jongho whispered to him, "so you like her?"

the guys looked expectant, and hongjoong rolled his eyes, "it's a himitsu."

"huh?"

seonghwa translated, since he did like to study japanese, "it's a secret, apparently."

"mayako speaks a lot of japanese and it's rubbing off on me, sorry." hongjoong laughed as he chugged a coca cola nervously.

yeosang chuckled and did the same, "i'm guessing yes, then. idiot."

hongjoong shook his head, desperately trying to change their minds. they all laughed at him and seonghwa noted, "don't worry, bud. it's not uncommon to like a girl..."

seonghwa longingly looked at hyunri as she laughed with the girls.

"hongjoong!" mayako ran to hongjoong and wedged herself in a tiny spot between the wall and  him. "we're gonna sing a song together, what should it be?"

hongjoong sighed as he put his arm around her. "shoot out?"

mayako was blushing so hard she didn't move. "i'm bad at scary songs."