TWENTY SEVEN - MAYAKO.

⊱ ────── {.⋅ ✯ ⋅.} ────── ⊰

mayako's pov.

whoever mopped the hallways of the school today should be fired, in my opinion.

at the end of third period, my shoes lost grip and i slid onto my butt. right in front of everyone. i can't wait to see what my fans have to say about this.

as i sat in the infirmary alone, i wondered if hongjoong liked me. i mean, it seemed like he did. i just couldn't be fully confident though. who could?

the door to the infirmary opened and closed noisily, distracting me from my thoughts.

"excuse me, nurse. is sato mayako here? she's short and probably wearing something pastel...?"

the nurse mumbled something, and in barged hongjoong. i started to grin like and idiot when i saw the little bouquet of flowers in his hand.

"you have to be careful, mayako," he sighed and sat on the side of my bed. "or else you'll have a whole garden of flowers from me."

i laughed as i took the pretty bouquet from his hands. "fine."

"are you okay?"

"i'm just sore." i nodded.

he shrugged and said, "i heard rumors that someone pushed you. and another one that you fainted. also a weird one that there was a banana peel?"

i shook my head, "the floor was wet. who even makes up these rumors anyway?"

"i don't know, but they got me good. i was worried," he poked his bottom lip out cutely. i scrunched my face up and said, "hey, don't be cute!"

we both laughed together like little kids. hongjoong said back, "oh, shut up."

my face was almost as red as those velvet tuxedos that nct 127 wore. i felt on top of the world since he was being nice with me today.

"were you worried about me?" i asked, batting my eyes.

"no. i just needed an excuse to get out of class." he impassively said."

i bit my lip and nodded. that hurt, not gonna lie.

"hey, don't make that face." hongjoong chuckled and pinched my cheek. "i was just kidding, cutie."

⊱ ────── {.⋅ ✯ ⋅.} ────── ⊰

regular huh