FIFTY SEVEN - MAYAKO.

⊱ ────── {.⋅ ✯ ⋅.} ────── ⊰

mayako's pov.

after school, i closed my locker and carried my change of clothes towards the locker room to change. before i neared the staircase, i heard someone speak behind me.

"where are you going?"

it was hongjoong when i turned, my face instantly brightening. i held my bag up, "I'm going to change!"

"for what?" he asked another question as he walked towards me.

"i'm volunteering... it's a car wash." i told him.

"oh, really?" hongjoong nodded. "i guess i'll join you then."

⊱ ────── {.⋅ ✯ ⋅.} ────── ⊰

at the parking lot where the volunteering event was held, everyone started setting up so we could begin. cars were already in a line.

some girls i'd never seen before we're gawking and squealing as they pointed at hongjoong and i. i was nervous at first, then remembered that we were famous.

"mayako-ah! hongjoong-ah!!" they called, making hearts with their fingers.

i smiled and bowed at them. hongjoong chuckled at the fangirls while carrying my heavy bucket for me.

i caught up to him by jogging, "hongjoong, i got recognized!"

"well, you are an idol." he reminded me and nudged my arm.

i nodded, "ah, still... it's awesome! oh, let me help!"

i grabbed the soap and helped make the solution to clean cars then retrieved our sponges, hongjoong laughing at me.

the first car rolled up and we got to work. hongjoong had one side, and i got the other.

"hongjoongie?" i asked, and he responded with a "hm?"

"didn't you say you loved me back the other day?"

i asked this without thinking, but i was relieved i did. i was confused, so i wanted to clear everything up.

he scoffed and said bluntly, "you're hearing things. of course not."

"oh," i sighed.

hongjoong said quieter this time, "just kidding."

now i was confused. "what?"

hongjoong tried to run off as he laughed, but i grabbed the hose to spray him. he groaned as the water dripped from his shirt.

"you're dead."

he ran after me while throwing soapy sponges my way, never failing to hit me. i started to laugh and giggle uncontrollably, and so did he, forgetting about how my mind was like a jigsaw puzzle.

we eventually stopped and i bent over, panting for breath. hongjoong ran up behind me and snickered as he said, "you have soap all in your hair."

i looked up at him and instantly got a laugh out of his hair. it was sticking out wildly with little curls forming in it. "you do too!"

we both goofed around, laughed again, and just had lots of fun. by the end of the work day, we weren't really much help. we were nuisances. however, it was one of the best days of my life.

hongjoong shivered in his wet clothes as he sun was beginning to set, the air becoming chilly. my teeth chattered as well as the wind picked up.

"are you kidding me?" he asked me as he stared as my shaking body.

i shrugged, "what did i do?"

he rolled his eyes as he took off his jean jacket. hongjoong strided near near me and helped me put it over my shoulders. it was less damp than my clothes, so it felt really nice. also it was big and loose.

"thank you, hongjoong, but you can have it back if you're cold." i beamed.

he shook his head softly, "nope. let's get you home, idiot."

i grinned and walked alongside him. i glanced at him briefly before blurting, "did you mean it when you said it?"

"mean what? that you're an idiot?" hongjoong asked. "if so, then yes."

i hit his arm and corrected, "no! i meant... when you said you loved me back."

"oh..." hongjoong bit his lip and stared off into the sky.

i was so anxious to hear his answer. hongjoong seemed to have completely shut up, so she sighed. dang it.

"well, thanks for walking—"

"yeah, i did. i meant it when i said i loved you." hongjoong replied finally. i was shocked but smiled. hongjoong added, "i love you."

my eyes started to tear up. he said it. i broke down and went into his arms for a hug, "i love you too."

⊱ ────── {.⋅ ✯ ⋅.} ────── ⊰

soooo i guess this is
couple 3!!! omg yay