TWENTY FOUR - HYUNRI.

⊱ ────── {.⋅ ✯ ⋅.} ────── ⊰

hyunri's pov.

today was the big day where i'd see my scores on our first test. the teacher walked down the rows and put papers facedown on our desks. i stared at mine while i took a deep breath.

i watched seonghwa as he turned his over and smiled. crap.

i flipped mine and saw a big 100 on the top. turning to seonghwa again, he showed me his grade: 99

my heart dropped excitedly but also nervously. our teacher settled the class down again and began to speak.

"for this year's big two, we currently have hyunri, in first! and second, we have a new student, seonghwa! very proud of you two,"

seonghwa and i stood as we were supposed to and bowed to our applauding classmates. seonghwa and i locked eyes, and i turned away quickly.

we've been talking some in school, but mostly texting. still, it seems like nothing is progressing and i'm still an awkward bean around him.

⊱ ────── {.⋅ ✯ ⋅.} ────── ⊰

after school that day, i went straight to the library to gather materials for our next quiz. it was a normal thing i did everyday, but today was special: seonghwa invited me to study together.

he waved at me and smiled that pretty smile of his as he walked in, "congrats on being first in the class,"

i nodded and beamed, "thank you! congrats on being in the top two, especially since you're new."

suddenly, he held his left hand out and gently pinched my cheek, smiling. i gasped and didn't even realized i dropped my notebooks. seonghwa laughed hard, and helped me pick it up.

"something wrong?"

i shook my head and grinned, "oh, i'm great."

"your face is red... do you have a fever?" he asked. before i could protest, he touched my forehead, another round of shock flooding my body.

i shook my head, "whooo uh, i'm gonna go find a book! yeah, reading! be r-right back!"

i nervously ran away without even taking my notebooks with me, leaving seonghwa so i could collect myself.

⊱ ────── {.⋅ ✯ ⋅.} ────── ⊰