💐||27

Author Pov.

" hymei please, go down? I really need to go to work! " jungkook desperately said, the young girl kept on whining while arguing with her father, " appa promised, you said you will take us today.. " she said in a sad tone as the male frowned, " I know but I am sorry hymei, I will next time? ".

The girl eyes got teary as she glanced at her brother hoping he would stick by her side and ask jungkook to drop them to the gate, but jiwoon stayed quiet, jungkook groaned after checking the time, he wasn't sure what to do but when he saw hymei eyes he just couldn't say no.

" ok, let's go.. " he said hesitantly, he didn't want to argue and make her cry but he was really late with submitting the projects to his father, and he didn't want to be late because he didn't want harsh words thrown at him for not being able to do his job properly, his mind was a mess and hymei wasn't helping him at all.

The two kids were walking next to jungkook toward the school gate, one was tired, one was quite and the other just scared, as they reached the school gate jungkook could see jimin standing next to the door, helping a teacher with checking the kids and helping who came alone to go inside.

Jimin eyes fell on jungkook, a small smile on his face as he stared quietly at him, jungkook on the other hand was sorry, he knew him ignoring jimin isn't the right thing to do but the younger was a distraction, a beautiful distraction, and he needed to finish the projects to be able to focus on his love life and the boy.

" hey.. " jimin started as he noticed that jungkook wouldn't, " hey " jungkook said quietly before looking down, his face looked thinner, paler and tired. Jimin started biting his lips nervously as his eyes drifted from jungkook to the kids then back at him, " you been avoiding me.. " jimin muttered softly, almost as a whisper.

Jungkook eyes widened as he looked at the younger, " you know you don't have to force yourself.. " he continued before looking at the two kids, " we can just remain.. as friends, of our friends " he muttered softly as he offered a hand to the two kids, walking inside of the school leaving jungkook behind.

The older felt helpless and regretful for his actions, he never meant to crush his chances to be with jimin like this, but it seems like he can't do anything properly, even for himself, jimin on the other hand was sad and somehow broken, he didn't hear jungkook out neither did he wait for an explanation, he just walked inside leaving the boy outside of the school gate.

He noticed how skinner the older was, how wrecked he looked but he felt like he doesn't have any right to care, or that at least what jungkook made him feel so he just ignored everything and walked away, leaving jungkook alone, unheard, taking his chance away from him to explain himself.

__________
Hope you guys enjoy this chapter
🧡💖💜🧡💖💜🧡💖💐