Chapter 10

Third Person POV

Can woke up bright and early the following morning. He had barely slept the night before. He had checked online the different Ford Focus models and colors. He already knew what he was going to choose before going to bed.

He got out of bed with great anticipation and excitement. After taking his shower and putting on some comfortable casual clothes, he ran down and greeted his mom who was already setting the table for breakfast.

He went over and helped his mom.

"Where's Dad?" Can asked as he placed the large platter of scrambled eggs and another platter of toast on the table.

"Who's asking for me?" his dad's voice boomed from behind Can and made him jump.

"Dad!" cried Can, "don't startle me like that again!"

His dad laughed. Can was happy that his dad was in a good mood this morning.

"Is Lay not coming down for breakfast yet?" Can's mom asked him.

"I don't think she will," replied Can. "I believe she was up all night streaming some movies."

"What kind of movies?" his mom asked.

"I refuse to say on the grounds that it might incriminate her," said Can, proud of himself for sounding like a lawyer.

Can's dad shook his head as if he knew what kind of movies Can was refusing to say his sister had been watching.

Right after breakfast, Can and his dad headed to the nearest Ford dealer. Along the way, Can told his dad that he wanted the Ford Focus model that was colored cobalt blue.

"Let's see if that color is available at the dealership we're going to," said his dad.

Can was really lucky that the particular color he liked was available at the Ford dealership.

The salesperson who assisted them gave Can the key and told him to test drive the car around the vicinity of the dealership.

Can absolutely liked the soft purr of the engine and at how fast it could run if he wanted it to. He also liked all the gadgets and all its safety features. If ever he got into an accident, he wouldn't be able to say that it was the car's fault.

After he drove it back to the dealership, he told his dad that he liked it. His dad made a few negotiations to bring down the price and after he was satisfied with the outcome of his negotiations, he signed all the necessary papers.

The sales person handed the car key to Can.

"Have fun," he said to Can, "but be sure to drive safely."

"Of course," said Can. Then he muttered under his breath, "but I might accidentally run someone over so that he will keep his rude mouth shut for good."

"What did you say?" asked his dad.

"Oh nothing, Dad," he said.

"I thought I heard you say something about accidentally running someone over," his dad persisted. His dad was looking at him with a quizzical look. Or was it a knowing look?

Sometimes his dad could really be psychic. Thankfully he did not pursue the topic as they headed out of the dealership office.

"Okay, so just follow me home," said his dad, turning to him, this time looking a little anxious. "I will be constantly looking at my rear view mirror to make sure that you're following me. I don't want you disappearing from my sight and next thing I know you are all over the news because you had accidentally run over the only heir to the Medthanan international corporation."

Can was right. His father was indeed psychic.