Chapter 28

Jade's POV

As I watched Tin carry off Can in his arms, I screamed silently inside me.

Noooo... I was not going to give up on Can. I was not going to let Tin take him away from me.

I told Malee that I needed to talk to our cousin Chakrii.

I swam towards Chakrii who was swimming on another part of the beach with his friends.

"Can I talk to you for a quick second?" I asked him when I reached his group.

"Sure, Jade," he said, "what's going on?"

"Chak,"I said, "do you think you will be able to convince Can to give you his phone number?"

Chak scratched his head thoughtfully before answering.

"Why do you want me to get Can's phone number? I'm not that close to him," said Chak.

"Please, dear cousin, pleeeeez?" I begged Chak.

"I'll see what I can do," he said finally.

"I'm counting on you," I said before swimming away.

Soon the sky was starting to darken and everybody was in agreement that it was time to go home.

Everyone gave each other buddy hugs to say good bye.

As I approached Can to say good bye, I noticed Tin glaring at me.

Glare at me all you want, I wanted to say to him, the fight isn't over yet. You don't have the same charms as I do.

With my beach towel draped around my waist, I believed I looked more seductive with my low cut bikini top and my swaying hips as I approached Can.

I felt some smug satisfaction when I noticed him looking at my legs.

When I reached him, I said to him, "Well, I guess this is so long but not good bye."

He held out his hand to me expecting me to take it, but instead I gave him a warm embrace.

"It's my birthday next weekend,"I said to him when he moved away. "Can I invite you to my birthday party?"

"He will not be available next weekend," Tin spoke up from behind him.

I ignored Tin. Can had not given his answer to me yet.

"Can?" I asked, looking only at Can.

"I have to check my calendar first," he said.

"Can you call me before the weekend comes?" I asked.

"I don't have your phone number," Can began to say, when Tin interrupted him.

"You're not exchanging numbers with her," Tin said, dragging Can away from me.

Can looked back at me apologetically as he followed Tin.

You are not winning this fight, Tin, I said to him silently.

It seemed to me that luck was on my side. Chakrii had announced that the two other Engineering guys on his soccer team needed a ride and so he had asked Can who only had one passenger in his car if he could take Malee and me and bring us to Chakrii's house which was luckily along the way to Good's house.

Gentleman that he was, Can could not say no.

Thankfully Tin had come to the beach in Pete's car so he could not offer to take me and Malee instead. He had no choice but to grudgingly see me and Malee climb into Can's car.

I absolutely loved Can's car. It was obviously brand new. I admired the way he drove it so smoothly. I was falling deeper and deeper for him.

The songs he played in his car were exactly the same songs that I enjoyed listening to and singing along to. He was surprised that I knew most of the songs that he played.

I asked him what his favorite dish was.

"Anything and everything," he said with a laugh. "I am such a foodie," he added.

"What a pair we would make," I said, "you are a foodie and I'm a good cook."

"You are???" he asked with a big smile.

"Most certainly," I said with confidence because I really was a good cook.

"Maybe you can come to Chakrii's house some time when I go to visit him and I can cook for you," I offered. "Let me know whenever you are free. Let me put my number on your phone."

With one hand on the wheel, he used his other hand to fish his phone from his pocket and handed it to me.

SUCCESSSSSS!!!