Chapter 16

Inside the Movie House

Third Person POV

Tin held on firmly to Can's wrist just as Can's mom instructed him. Tin was going to make sure that Can did not make a run for it.

Can turned to Tin as they were getting near the row of theaters inside the mall.

"You can let go of me now," he said to Tin, "I promise not to run away."

"Sure, sure," said Tin with a smirk, "I have had so many promises made to me and they all ended up being broken. I am not risking this one."

Can let out a heavy sigh. Tin was so smart but so jaded. Can indeed had every intention to make a run for it the moment that Tin let go of him.

Can and Lay and Tin went to the snacks booth to order some popcorn and drinks. Can had a bit of difficulty fishing out his wallet from his pocket because Tin was holding his wrist and when he tried to put his hand into his pocket, Tin's hand accidentally landed you know where, and Can quickly withdrew his hand, his cheeks going a bright red.

He noticed Tin wearing a slight smile which embarrassed Can even more. He felt his hand being moved up by Tin. It was because Tin had brought out his own wallet with his other free hand and was getting out some cash to pay for the snacks and drinks.

"You didn't have to but thanks anyway," Can said grudgingly. Actually he also wanted to say, if your hand did not hit me there I could have successfully paid for the drinks and popcorn myself.

Can always had some difficulty adjusting to darkness after coming from a bright environment so when they walked inside the dark movie house he hesitated and was walking slowly and carefully to their assigned seats.

Tin noticed his hesitation and guided Can by holding his elbow. Can was mentally shaking his head. Why was Tin's warm fingers on his elbow affecting his emotions. He could not even tell what kind of emotions he was having. He was starting to get all confused.

When they reached the row of seats that corresponded to their ticket numbers, Lay walked inside the row first and Can's mom followed. Can's mom noticed that Can was going towards Lay to tell her to give up her seat for him but Can's mom pushed him down to the seat beside the aisle seat which Tin was going to take.

Can was starting to get upset with his mom. He was starting to get suspicious as well. He wondered what it was that his mom and Tin were talking about while he was gone from the table. He started to regret that he left the table at all.

Since they had bought two large popcorn bags, Lay shared one bag with her mom and Can ended up having to share the other bag with Tin.

Can decided to be resigned to his fate and just try to enjoy the movie. It was a comedy movie about a couple who went to an adoption agency who ended up having to adopt three children instead of one because their choice of adoptee had two other siblings that she did not want to be separated from.

There were so many funny moments in the movie and Can had this habit of leaning his head against the nearest person every time he laughed.

Tin would always jump with happy surprise each time Can leaned his head against Tin's shoulder.

At one point during the movie, Can's hand landed on Tin as they both tried to take some popcorn from the bag at the exact same time. The contact made Can quickly withdraw his hand.

Tin gave the bag of popcorn to Can.

"Here, you can have the rest of it," Tin offered.

"Are you sure?" asked Can, who was more than happy to have the rest of the popcorn.

"Absolutely," said Tin.

Can was not aware, but Tin had a reason why he wanted to have his arm that was nearest to Can to be free.

As soon as another funny moment in the movie came up and Can laughed while leaning his head on Tin's shoulder, Tin quickly lifted his arm and placed his hand firmly on Can's head keeping it on his shoulder.

Can tried to break away but Tin's hold was too firm.

"If you don't let go, I'm telling my mom," Can threatened in a whisper.

"Go ahead, make my day," Tin said confidently.