Chapter 22

Can's POV

After Tin and his dad left, I imprisoned myself in my room. I was not yet ready to face mom and dad at the dinner table.

 I requested Lay to bring up my dinner to my room. At first she refused to do so, saying that she wasn't my servant. I bribed her by offering her one of the t-shirts with funny sayings on the front that we had bought at the mall last Sunday.

"Which one?" she asked.

"You can choose," I said, "I don't care which one you choose."

She chose the one that said "Allergic to mornings".

"What will I tell mom or dad if they ask why you're not coming down for dinner?" Lay asked.

"Tell them, I'm feeling dizzy," I said.

"From happiness?" Lay asked and ran away from my room before I could choke her.

To be honest, what Lay said wasn't too far from the truth. Although I was still not clear what my emotions were, I felt some kind of fuzzy feeling that wouldn't go away. In fact, the feeling intensified each time I replayed in my mind what Tin had done to me inside this very room.

I walked over to Rainbow, swimming peacefully inside its fish bowl.

"Rainbow," okay, I know it's silly talking to a fish, so sue me.

"Rainbow, I think I better return you to your previous owner."

For some reason, Rainbow started swimming around crazily in circles, like it didn't like what I was telling him.

"For as long as you stay with me, your previous owner will always have a reason to come over. I am so worried at what will happen next time he comes around."

I sighed. Of course I did not get any reply from Rainbow.

I stood up from my chair. I had examined its legs carefully before sitting on it, to make sure that none had been broken after it had gone crashing to the floor earlier with Tin. Thankfully it looked like its legs were still all intact.

My stomach started to grumble. I had not eaten any afternoon snacks. I remember I had to forego the afternoon tea because I had to accompany Tin to my room to visit Rainbow.

I wished that Lay would come up to bring my dinner tray soon.

Suddenly my phone started to ring. It was Tin video calling me. No way was I taking his call. After his call ends I should assign him a ringtone so that I know not to even glance at my phone when he is calling.

I went through all the choices of ringtones and decided to assign the 'Constellation' ringtone to him. I had no particular reason for choosing that ringtone. It was just a ringtone that I had not chosen for anybody yet.

My phone sounded a notification of a text message. I opened it.

"Okay, I understand why you don't want to accept my call. I just wanted to say I'm so sorry for forcing myself on you. Your nearness and our being alone together in your room must have driven me crazy." - Tin

I ignored his text.

Ping! There went my notification sound again. I glanced at the incoming text.

"Forgive me?" - Tin

"If Rainbow forgives you, I'll do the same" - Can

Why??? Why did I have to bring the innocent Rainbow into our conversation???

I glanced at Rainbow who was swimming peacefully in his bowl.

"Would you please take my video call so that I can ask forgiveness to Rainbow before I say good night to him?" - Tin

I couldn't believe this silliness of making a fish as a mediator between Tin and me.

I shook my head. I ended up being the one to video call Tin. Am I really softening towards him? Heaven forbid!!!

Tin quickly took my call. He was all smiles even if one side of his mouth had a mini bandage where I had given it a cut.

"Thank you, Can," he said. I could hear the sincerity in his voice. "Thank you for this video call. Does this mean you have forgiven my earlier craziness?"

Oh, so did he consider his kisses and caresses as just plain craziness? Should I feel offended?

"You haven't asked Rainbow for his forgiveness yet," I countered. Was I just trying to prolong our conversation? I couldn't believe myself.

"Okay," said Tin, prepared to play my silly game, "take your phone to Rainbow where I can see him."

When I did so, I heard Tin saying, "Rainbow, I'm on my knees begging for your forgiveness for trying to show your master how much I love him."

My face turned crimson red at hearing what Tin just said to Rainbow.

At that very moment Lay came into the room without knocking. I could not scold her because she was bringing in my dinner tray.

"Pay up," she said, pointing to my t-shirt with the saying "Allergic to mornings."

"I have to go," I said to Tin and ended the call without saying good night to him.