Chapter 41

A/N: Once again, my sincere thanks go out to all of you my lovely readers for following the roller coaster of emotions of these two adorable love birds. I greatly appreciate all the votes and comments that you're all sending in. I read carefully each one, even if I'm unable to reply at this time. With deep gratitude, anneofwhitleybay 💖💖💖

Third Person POV

When Tin went home from school that afternoon he asked his mom if his dad was back from work.

"No, son, why do you ask?" Tin's mom was surprised at Tin's question because he usually didn't ask for his father when he got home.

"I was wondering if he would be willing to buy me a new car," he said.

"Why, what's wrong with the one you're driving right now," his mom asked.

"Nothing," Tin replied, "but I want to drive the same car that Can is driving. I rode in it when we went to go out for lunch today and it's so cool with so many modern cool features."

"You'll have to wait till dinner time,"said his mom, "and don't bring up the topic if he is not in a good mood,"

"Of course," said Tin, and went upstairs to take a shower to wash off the sweat and grime of the day.

At dinner time, Tin thought it wise not to bring up the topic of asking for a new car from his dad. He wasn't really in a bad mood but he seemed to be a little stressed and anxious.

He had mentioned something about a meeting with some important Italian businessmen that was going to take place the following day. He had mentioned that he wasn't very sure if he and Can's dad would be able to clinch the deal and would be able to make them sign the contract.

He had mentioned however that Can's dad seemed confident enough that they would be able to obtain the contract so he said he was not going to sweat about it until tomorrow.

Then just before dinner ended, he made a very important announcement that greatly impacted Tin.

But before making the announcement, Tin's dad moved close to Tin, placing his hand heavily on Tin's shoulder.

"Son," he said, looking intently into Tin's eyes, "how is your friendship going along with Cantaloupe?"

"We're doing just fine, dad,"Tin answered, feeling a little edgy, not knowing where the conversation was going.

"How fine, regular fine, or the kind of 'fine' that could lead to more than just friendship?" his dad persisted in knowing.

Tin started to blush.

"If you mean, are we in a relationship, no, we're not, but we are very, very close," said Tin.

"Well, you might want to push it along, because if this very important deal gets finalized tomorrow, Can's dad will become half owner of our company. He is already a major shareholder but this business deal with the Italians will make him half owner," said Mr. Medthanan.

After a significant pause, Tin's dad said to Tin, "And that means, Cantaloupe will become co-heir to the business just as you are."

"What do you want me to do, dad?"Tin asked, his heart pounding wildly in his chest.

"I want you to ask him to marry you," said Mr. Medthanan.

"How can that be made possible, dad?" asked Tin.

Although Tin was more than happy to oblige his dad, he was aware that his country did not have any law that permitted marriage between same sex.

"It will not be a regular marriage contract like everyone else, but it will be a contract that will bind the two of you together legally, and I will make sure that both of you will go through the same wedding ceremonies that everyone else go through," said Mr. Medthanan in a voice that permitted no argument from Tin.

"What if Can refuses to marry me?"  Tin asked a little anxiously.

"His father will take care of that problem," said Tin's dad, "Prem and I have discussed it lengthily this afternoon."