Chapter 39

Third Person POV

Tin could not focus all throughout his morning classes. Pete noticed that from time to time he would softly pound on his desk with his fist, but at one point Tin pounded loud enough for the teacher to stop her lecture to ask, "What's going on over there, Mr. Medthanan?"

"Nothing, ma'am, I'm sorry," said Tin.

"Get a grip on yourself, Tin," Pete whispered to him.

"That cheating bastard!" Tin whispered back fiercely, "I have a good mind to put a bullet into his head."

"He couldn't wait to be with his Jade," Tin muttered under his breath, "he had to be in her company right after he left me. Only the most rotten jerk would do that kind of thing to his boyfriend!" 

And with that thought, he banged his fist on the desk one more time.

"Mr. Medthanan, if you do that one more time, I will have to ask you to step out of the classroom," the teacher admonished him sternly.

"I'm sorry, ma'am, it won't happen again," said Tin repentantly.

Pete was right, he should get a grip on himself before things got worse.

But still the thought that somehow Can still had some attraction going on for Jade really hurt Tin's feelings. Should he just break up with Can to avoid getting hurt any further?

Hold on a second, Tin told himself, were they even officially in a relationship? Even if Can had lied to him, saying that he loved him, which now clearly was a lie, and even if they had made love to each other, it didn't mean that they were in a relationship. Nothing had been made official, so he guessed there was nothing to break off. Maybe he should just stay away from Can from now on.

On Can's part, he also was finding it hard to concentrate on the lectures in his morning classes. His best friend Good kept on glancing at him from time to time as he noticed Can stabbing his notebook with the tip of his pen.

"Shit!" Can yelled out loud, which startled Good and the rest of the class, including the teacher.

"What's going on there, Cantaloupe?" asked the teacher.

"Nothing, ma'am, I'm sorry," said Can, and put away his pen into the pocket of his backpack so that he would not be tempted to stab at his notebook again.

When the bell rang for lunch break, Can decided to stay put inside the classroom. He was not feeling hungry at all in spite of the fact that he had been emptying his stomach all morning.

Good offered to stay with him inside the classroom but Can told him to go and take his lunch otherwise he would feel hungry during afternoon classes.

As soon as Good stepped out of the classroom and Can was alone, he laid his head down on his arms on the desk and just let the tears flow out, not bothering to wipe them with his handkerchief.

Not too long after, he felt Good going back and sitting on his chair beside him again.

"Good, I told you to go and have lunch without me...Tin! What are you doing here???"

"I met Good on the stairs and he told me that you are still here in your classroom," said Tin.

Tin took his handkerchief from his pocket and wiped the tears from either side of Can's face.

"Why are you always so messy?" Tin muttered as he dried away Can's tears with his handkerchief.

Can could only look at him, speechless, not knowing what Tin was going to do or say next.

"I guess I was too harsh on you," said Tin.

"I didn't even know that she was going to come to my house with that dish that she cooked for me!" Can cried, the tears falling down his cheeks again.

"Ssshhh......ssshhh..." Tin silenced Can with a gentle, loving kiss.