Chapter 47

Third Person POV

In the end, both Can and Tin decided that there was no point in not giving in to their dads because it was what they also wanted anyway, to stay together legally for ever and ever.

When the mothers received the news they started working frantically to arrange the wedding ceremonies. The fathers immediately got to work contacting the best lawyers to put together the contract binding their two sons legally to each other. They also contacted a judge to officiate the ceremony.

Mr. Medthanan wanted to make it a very, very private ceremony, to keep it under wraps from the media, so that the event would not be invaded by the paparazzi.

The event would be witnessed only by immediate family members and whoever Tin and Can invited to it.

Tin asked Pete to be his best man and Can asked Good to be his groomsman, but he of course also invited Ae and Pond and Techno and Type and the other members of his team.

The ceremonies were to be held on a Sunday in a banquet hall owned by Mr. Medthanan in an undisclosed part of the city.

Mrs. Medthanan hired a professional agency to record the ceremony and another professional agency to provide the wedding decorations in the banquet hall. Jasmine, Can's mom, hired her best friend who was a piano/organist to provide the entrance and finale music.

On the day of the event, the entrance to the banquet hall was heavily guarded by the security men of the Medthanan corporation. Each guest was carefully checked against their official list and then ushered inside the hall.

All the guests stood from their seats as the organist started the music to indicate the entrance of the wedding entourage. Tin's and Can's moms were seated at the front row of seats and stood up, holding each other's hands to give each other emotional support. They were both teary eyed and constantly wiping the side of their eyes delicately with their tissues.

Mr. Medthanan and Tin stood at the top of the aisle while the judge stood in the middle in his flowing black robe with some small yellow stripes on his chest.

When the music started to indicate that the wedding entourage was going to start walking in, Mr. Medthanan noticed that his son's face was starting to get emotional. He could see that Tin was barely holding back his tears. He patted his son's back to show his support and Tin smiled at his dad gratefully.

Pete was standing on the other side of Tin, looking so handsome in his bottle green suit. The light green shirt under it matched the suit perfectly. The other friends of Can and Tin stood on either side of the aisle.

Ae kept looking at Pete admiringly but he himself looked dashing in his navy blue suit under which he wore a light blue shirt.

The first to walk down the aisle was Lay, escorted by Good. She looked incredibly lovely in her gorgeous lavender gown holding a bouquet of the most elegant and huge Thai orchids. She looked like a radiant bride but her radiant happiness was due to the fact that her dream of seeing her brother and Tin make their vows to stay together forever had finally come true.

Good kept glancing admiringly at Lay. Had he forgotten that just a few weeks ago he had asked for Jade's cousin Malee's phone number from Can? Was he starting to have a crush on Lay? No, no, no, it would be a disaster to fall for Lay's charms. He would get a black eye from Can if that ever happened.

Right behind Lay and Good were Can and his dad. Can looked so adorable and cute in his gray suit under which he wore a light pink shirt. Tin was wearing the exact same suit to match Can's. Can's dad who was holding on to Can's elbow was starting to have doubts. Had he pushed his son too soon to make such a serious decision as binding himself forever to Tin? He glanced at his son's face and when he saw the indescribable happiness on it, all his doubts got completely wiped out.

When Can got close enough to Tin, Tin held out his hand and Can took it but Can almost cried "ouch!" when he felt his hand being held in a crushing grip from Tin.

"Tin, let go!" he whispered to Tin, "I'm not running away! I'm staying by your side till the ceremony is over!"

"And then what?" asked Tin.

"And then I'm making a run for it," replied Can.

"Ouch!" Can's hand got held in a crushing grip once more.