Chapter 48

F I N A L     C H A P T E R

Third Party POV

Even before the wedding had been arranged, Can and Tin had filed for a week's personal emergency leave at their individual colleges with a promissory note that they would catch up on their missed lessons when they got back. Also, even before the wedding they had booked a flight to San Francisco, California where they had planned to spend their honeymoon.

A day before the flight they had met up with a fertility specialist who worked with anonymous surrogate mothers that had been screened very carefully to match their requirements.

It was agreed between Can and Tin that Tin would submit his sperm to the fertility specialist and the fertility specialist would take over from there.

The newly weds had a very memorable honeymoon seeing the sights during the day and spending the whole nights in their hotel with endless lovemaking.

They took several selfies by the Golden Gate Bridge, Fisherman's Wharf and Pier 39. They also enjoyed taking a cab ride down Lombard Street which is considered as the crookedest street in the world.

They made sure to buy several souvenirs to take home with them and to give as gifts to their parents and family and friends.

They flew back to Bangkok from their honeymoon much more in love with each other than they ever were.

FAST FORWARD TO NINE MONTHS LATER

Mr. Medthanan was ushered to the nursery of the hospital where Tin's baby had been delivered. Can and Tin were with him, including Mrs. Medthanan and Can's parents, but Mr. Medthanan was the one who led the group to the nursery because he was the most excited among everyone else to see his very first grandson (yes, it was a baby boy!).

Mr. Medthanan was a bit upset and disappointed that Can and Tin did not name the future heir to the Medthanan business after the original owner, which was himself of course.

Can and Tin had chosen to name the baby Justin, as earlier agreed upon, and to nickname it Tin, Junior.

When the maternity ward nurse brought out the baby from the nursery, Mr. Medthanan held out his arms to take the baby.

"Are you the father of this baby?" asked the nurse.

"No, but I am the GRANDfather, which gives me more right to hold the baby than just the regular father," Mr. Medthanan insisted.

"I'm sorry, sir," said the nurse, "hospital regulations have to be followed. Will the real father of this baby please step forward?"

Both Can and Tin stepped forward.

The nurse looked from Tin's face to Can's face.

"I guess you are the real father because this baby looks very much like you," said the nurse, and handed the baby to Can instead of to Tin.

"Wwwhhhaaattt???" Mr. Medthanan protested.

"It's okay, dad," said Tin, "he is Can's baby as well. I have no problem with it."

Both mothers of Can and Tin gathered around the baby, smiling happily at their new grandson.

Tin placed his index finger against the baby's hand and it immediately curled its fingers around Tin's finger.

Can looked in surprise at Tin when he saw Tin wiping away a tear of happiness from his face.

Mr. Medthanan walked away in a huff, but before doing so, he threatened both Can and Tin, "If that baby doesn't get its second and third names as Chanvit and Prem, both Prem and myself will disinherit all three of you!"

Can and Tin looked at each other for several seconds. Then they nodded to each other. Having Chanvit and Prem for a second and third name didn't sound bad at all.

THE END

A/N: Thank you for reading this story to the very end. I was unhappy with Tin and Can's sad ending in season one of Love By Chance, so I wrote a story with an alternate ending. Its title is "The Ice Prince's Happy Ending", in case you would like to check it out. My thanks once again to all of you, my lovely readers! I wish everyone the very best! 💖💖💖