Chapter 38

Third Person POV

When Tin drove his car to the university on Tuesday morning, he was surprised to see Can's car already parked in the campus parking lot. Can was usually late for morning classes but this time he was early. Maybe he wanted to show off his new car to his friends and Tin did not blame him. His car was brand new and stunningly attractive. The cobalt blue color called out to the onlooker right away.

Then Tin remembered that since Can had his new car he had never taken Tin for a spin in it. Maybe later during lunch break he could ask Can to drive him to the restaurant by the mall.

Tin walked towards the school cafeteria where he expected Can to be sitting at his usual spot, eating his breakfast, but he wasn't there. Instead, he found Ae and Tin scooping some hot egg drop soup into their mouths.

"Hi, Tin, come join us," Pete invited him.

"Where is Can?" asked Tin.

"He's been having some kind of morning sickness, since he got here" said Ae, "what did you do to him since Sunday night?"

Tin blushed at the directness of the question. He could still feel the throbbing warmth of his and Can's lovemaking from Sunday night to Monday morning.

He could tell that Ae was trying to fish for information but if Can had not told him anything, he wasn't going to either.

Tin saw Can coming from the rest rooms, walking towards them. When he saw Tin he turned around to walk away.

What the fuck was that all about, thought Tin.

In a few quick strides Tin reached Can and grabbed his wrist.

"Why are you avoiding me?" Tin asked, visibly upset.

What Tin did not know was that Can did not want to tell him that his digestive problems had come from the pad thai dish that Jade had cooked for him. Since it smelled so good and tasted so good, and since it was plentiful, he had the seafood pad thai both for lunch and dinner. It must have been too much for his digestive system, or maybe some of the seafood was not good for him because since he woke up in the morning, he kept on throwing up.

For that reason, Can was trying to avoid Tin because he did not want to lie to Tin.

"Why won't you answer me?" Tin was really angry now.

Then something hit Tin. "If I'm the one responsible for your morning sickness, I will bring you to the City Registrar right now and I'll marry you."

Ae and Pete who had been eavesdropping on Tin said at the exact same time, "Make me your groomsman!" but Ae was addressing Can and Pete was addressing Tin.

"Don't be ridiculous, Tin," said Can, "morning sickness happens only to expectant mothers and I am definitely not an expectant mother."

"Yeah, you already gave birth to Rainbow, is there a second child coming along?" Ae asked, grinning from ear to ear.

This idiot just won't stop, Tin thought, I have a mind to slug him right now. I am in no mood for being teased this morning.

"I'm waiting for you to tell me why you are having this morning sickness kind of thing," said Tin, not letting go of Can's wrist.

"I ate too much of the seafood pad thai that Jade brought to my house yesterday just after I got home from your house," said Can, looking down guiltily at his shoes.

Tin let go of Can's wrist like it was a hot potato.

"Fuck you, Cantaloupe!" he yelled at Can before walking quickly away.

Can could only look at Tin with a distressed face, while Ae and Pete looked on as well with their spoons frozen halfway to their mouths.