30 | Getaway Car

Respect another person's taste of music. It is a kind of manners.

Taylor's original version is not on YouTube so I can't put it up there ^ . Play the song with Spotify or other sources along the reading.

Getaway Car
(Taylor Swift)

You

One thing I always laugh in every movie is how they have a masquerade, and with just one mask everyone seems to not recognize the other.

In real life, of course, you can pick out everyone behind the mask, even with their face all covered up. I saw Thor wearing a mask making his eyes glowing in light blue. I saw Loki wearing a mask with horns, he looked awesome.

Then I saw Hela wearing similar thing to Loki, they were both in green, and I started to think that Thor was the adopted one.

I spied on almost everyone in the ballroom that it was certain that Peter Parker wasn't here.

Fine. He's probably somewhere with Michelle. Thinking of them making me depressed so when the waitress passed by I took one glass of champagne and took it all in.

"That's five..."

I turned around to see Natasha, she looked... so hot. I would've given up on Peter and hit on her if she didn't already have a girlfriend.

   "Yeah. I need to get drunk."

   "He shows up yet?" She sipped hers as well.

   "Nope. Maybe he won't and so the story of us will be left unsaid like a cliffhanger between a chapter in a book."

   "Classic." She said.

   The two of us spied more on other people who were dancing, soft jazz was playing slowly in the background.

   "You are nominated for best singer of the year at BBN award, did Steve tell you that?" She asked.

   "Yeah, last night. I screamed and accidentally slapped Bucky because of excitement." I gave her a wry smile.

   "But you know who's also been nominated, right?"

   "Peter?"

   "Yup. And another one...?"

   "Ugh... Wanda?"

   She nodded and walked away over to Sharon, they both danced together in the ballroom.

   I want to win, this is like the greatest award anyone like me can achieve, but I know Peter also wants it, that's his biggest dream to begin with. But then also, in the end, Wanda deserves it than us.

Someone patted me on my shoulder, I turned around and saw...

Pietro.

Even with his mask on, I recognize him right away. Sure he fucked me up, but everything fucked me up, and even though it was a terrible ending, we had a great time at some point. That lips I have kissed, that hands I have touched, too.

"I see you are free, mind having a dance with me?

"Hell fucking no." I said.

"With all the people that are looking I suggest we should play along as the media said, (Y/n) and Pietro remained great friends after the breakup." He smiled and I had bad feelings.

But I looked around and yes, all eyes were on us, I had no choice but to take his hands.

On the dance floor we moved slowly along the sound of the music, this was the red carpet for charity, after so we all put on mask and dance, and all the cameraman are allowed to walk around inside, I'm being watched all the time.