36 | New Year's Day

I never insult artists and songs you like on your books, don't do to mine.

New Year's Day
(Taylor Swift)

"And the BBN awards goes to...,

WANDA MAXIMOFF!!!"

You and Peter yelled in happiness even louder than Wanda herself. You hugged Wanda and sent her to upstage then slapped your lips on Peter for how the two of you missed the award that you wanted.

It was fun. All three of you was fine with any in the group to have the trophy. And life picked Wanda was a great choice so you and Peter won't have to fight anymore.

Wanda hugged Bruce Banner, then took the glowing trophy in her hands and looked at it happily.

"Thank you so much... for this award." She started saying. "I have so many people I want to thank, first of all, my fans, and my producer, and especially my friends." She looked your way.

The camera was shooting your and Peter's reaction so you waved back.

"I honestly think the two of you deserve it more than I do for what has happened this whole year." She said with happy tears.

"No, we don't!" You shouted back.

"Thank you for being part of my life. Congratulations on your marriage. I wouldn't have this trophy without you guys, so, there's no winning today, this award is for us!!" She smiled and the crowd cheered.

The winner has to sing a song on stage, so there Wanda was singing her slow acoustic song, while you and Peter watched her from the seats.

"It's a shame, I want to hug Bruce Banner." You sighed.

"Why? Is hugging your husband not enough?" Peter said sarcastically.

"He's our idol bruh." You laughed at him, whine started to kick in. You rested your back on his shoulder. "You really can't be with me today?"

"Wish I could say otherwise but yeah, they want me to sing at the time square."

Life after marriage for the two of you were pretty much the same, busy works and noisy life. Yet you managed it better by giving each other more spaces and understanding.

"I want to watch the ball drop with you..." You said sadly. "Like, you know? How normal couples kiss after they scream Happy New Year!"

"I'm sorry I couldn't be at midnight, I love you, okay?"

"Okay..."

He kissed you on the cheek as Wanda finished her song. After the award all of you got on a taxi, heading to your New Year's Eve party, where you split up with Peter for him to go and work.

Then it was girls time. You, Wanda, Shuri, Natasha, Hailee, and others changed to party dresses, put on party shoes, then just get drunk and scream many songs together.

   "I don't know about you! But I'm feeling twenty-two!" Wanda sang and handed you over the mic.

   "Everything will be alright if you keep me next to you!"