31 | Save Myself

I never insult artists and songs you like on your books, don't do to mine.

Save Myself
(Ed Sheeran)

   He knocked three times on the door and stood there, both his hands tugged in his pocket to keep him away from the cold air that blew his hair.

   The door finally opened up and May Parker was on another side, as soon as she saw him they both smiled and she burst to her nephew for a hug.

   "Peter!"

   "Hey, May."

   "I didn't know you were coming! But welcome home... God, I've missed you so much." She welcomed Peter in, back to his house when he was fifteen.

   It brought back all the memories, all the smells of old days, all the life he left behind just for the sake of dreaming. He walked over the counter, inside a frame was a picture of him, his father, his mother.

   He picked it up and put it down.

   "I'm on a phone with a client right now, you mind waiting? You can walk around the house?" She asked.

   "Of course. Go ahead." He smiled softly and she walked away. Peter Parker looked around, this place seemed so much bigger when he was little, some furniture has been replaced.

He walked to his room, opened the rusty old knob up and looked inside, everything was just the way he left it.

On the very left side of the room, his very first piano was there, he removed the cover and sat down. Even after all these years, it was still working, the sound was a little off tune but it was good enough.

He laid his fingers on the notes and played something softly. The sunlight leaked through the window and revealed dust in the air, turned his brown eyes to look lighter. Lonely, was the word to describe the moment.

And so he sang a song he wrote last night, the only one ever since you left him with that getaway car a week ago.

🎧Play the song at this part🎧

"I gave all my oxygen to people that could breathe. I gave away my money and now we don't even speak."

"I drove miles and miles, but would you do the same for me? Oh, honestly?"

He stared off at his old room and he saw himself as a child through his memory.

"Offered off my shoulder just for you to cry upon. Gave you constant shelter and a bed to keep you warm."

"They gave me the heartache and in return, I gave a song."

It was all too much so he closed his eyes.

"It goes on and on."

   The song echoed in an empty hallway of his house.

   "Life can get you down so I just numb the way it feels. I drown it with a drink and out-of-date prescription pills. And all the ones that love me they just left me on the shelf. No farewell."