Part Two. Chapter Seven. Alex.

I woke up in an unfamiliar place, an unfamiliar bedroom, in a bed twice the size of my queen sized bed and beneath a duvet which was ten times as plush. It was daylight outside, the sun was pouring in from the cracks in between the heavy, plain curtains. I had a slight headache behind my eyes and had to close them in order to try and recall what had happened.

The last thing I remember was talking to Michael. Dear goddess, I could feel the heat rising in my cheeks as I thought about him, about my behaviour.  About how my stomach had rumbled, really embarrassing and so we were going to get something to eat when...

Red.

I saw the colour red.

My eyes flashed open and my empty stomach reminded me that I haven't eaten yet.  My bladder also spoke of a more pressing issue and I climbed out of the warm duvet covers onto a soft, thick carpet.  My toes curled automatically in delight, before I looked around at the many doors leading off of this large room.  The bed and side furnishings were all dark wood of some sort, I think, with modern handles.  They carried a similar boxy kind of theme.  I liked it.

The first door lead into a large walk in wardrobe.  Lights flickered on in there the moment I opened its entrance way.  It was filled to the brim with menswear, but though I couldn't view colours still, I saw two very different styles, hung or folded.  One was simpler and more formal, plain, soft gradients and pinstripes.  The other was wild, with patterned shirts and tops, designer rips and belts meant for fashion purposes. I shut the door to the closet, hoping the light would turn off by itself.

The door beside this revealed an ensuite bathroom that rivalled the one to my parents master bedroom.  Mine had been only half the size.  It had side by side showers that shared one sheer wall of glass and a single door.  It had twin sinks, both with built in cupboards beneath the square shaped porcelain, but a single glass set between them with two toothbrushes inside.  There was a large free standing bathtub, which was circular in shape and seems to have jets as well.  And there was the thing I desperately need; the toilet.  It felt a bit rude of me to just 'help myself', but nature called. As I left the room, I took a deep breath and smelt the light cologne that Michael wears as well as a second scent.

Red... he said something about that person who I remembered as having red hair.  I wonder if the second scent belongs to him?  What did that mean?  I tried to rack my brains, but they refused to give me the answer, as if the fog had not quite lifted.

The last door to the bedroom was naturally the exit or entrance to the room.  The corridor was fairly wide and had another two rooms leading off of it as well as the stairs down.  I could hear pots and pans being moved as well as the steady tone of someone speaking.  I followed the sound, down the stairs and to the rear of the property.

"No, Michael," the voice was saying.  It was slightly higher in pitch than Michael's deep set tone, but it was still very masculine and I found that I enjoyed the sound.  "He hasn't woken up yet, babe."  Babe?  Was that a friendly term or an affectionate one... that reminded me again of what Michael had tried to tell me... if only I could recall.  "You'll be home soon, right?  You can check up on him then.  Alright, talk to you soon.  Love you." 

I stepped into the kitchen to see the length of that red hair running down the man's neck and shoulders.  It was so bright and vivid, just like Michael's eyes were in my world of grey and there was a reason I could see its colour, wasn't there.  That's right, I remember!  Michael said that this person was our other...

"Mate!" Oh my god, did I just say that aloud?

The man turned, hissing in fright and placed his hand to his chest as I backed away as well.  And then he grinned, a wide toothy sort of grin, which reached his eyes and caused them to curve just as deeply.  "You're awake!" He said, cheerfully.  "Michael was just asking about you!"