Part Four. Chapter Nine. Alex

Alpha Gregory Townsend or Alpha Greg as I had always known him, hugged me the moment I left the registry office with my husbands.  Husbands!  It feels amazing to call them that!  If I was anyone else, I might have been upset with their high handed-ness, after all, they hadn't exactly included me in the planning, had simply expected me to say yes.  But in another way, who in their right mind would say no in regards to such a sweet gesture.  Mating was considered marriage as it was in the eyes of the law.  But I wouldn't have changed this day for the world.

"Congratulations, son," he said warmly.  He, like Marcus, had always considered me pack.  "Now how do you plan to celebrate your marriage?"

I glanced over at Michael and Eric, who were shaking hands with Damien and the older tiger with them.  "I'm not sure, Alpha," I replied.  "This was a surprise to me, so I don't know what else my husbands have planned."  Eek! Husbands!  Definitely will not get tired of saying that!

Speaking of those husbands, they came over as Luna Rebecca gave me a loving hug and told me how wonderful I looked.  Michael offered his hand to the Alpha, who took it without hesitation.  "Thank you for being here today," Michael said to him.

"I wouldn't have missed it for the world," the Alpha stated.  "Alex is like another son to me and brother to Marcus.  We were all devastated by what happened to him in the past.  I am so glad that the Moon Goddess saw fit to bring him a second chance of happiness."

"So are we," Michael's smile was like the sun rising in the east, full of warmth and light and the hope of a new day.  Eric's arm circled my waist as he leaned into my neck, his contented purr since the declaration of our marital status had yet to cease.

"Do you have plans this evening?" The Alpha asked, sniffing the air slightly and I glanced up to notice that the clouds that had threatened rain all morning had begun to part.

"Nothing concrete," he replied.  "We have a hotel booked a little way out of town for the next couple of nights."  His eyes glowed yellow for a moment as Eric nuzzled deeper and a shiver of anticipation ran down my spine.

"Well then might I be so bold as to invite you to the packhouse?" The Alpha asked, surprising all three of us with his offer.

"Oh please do," the Luna added, in hope.  "The pack would love to see Alex again getting on as well as he is and celebrating his marriage would just be a bonus.  Although, you wouldn't be able to leave without going for a celebratory run!"  I laughed, remembering that most Townsend pack celebrations ended with a whole mess of wolves running wild.

A flash of imagery dazzled my eyes as I saw a ghost of a silver wolf running in circles, tail wagging furiously, giddy with anticipation.  I guessed it had been a while since Michael had sped through the back garden on all fours, but as much as he enjoyed it, likely his wolf would kill to run along side others of his kind again.  Seeing Michael's hesitation, Eric answered for him; "We would be honoured to."

*****

When we arrived at the pack house, the glade was covered in an assortment of outdoor tables and chairs, plastic, metal, glass, ready for any members that wanted to join in the fun. Naturally, most did. Several barbecues had been set up to one side, meat was grilling on charcoal, sending its heady aroma into the air. Wolves were already gathering in small groups, likely catching up on the gossip and pups were running about in all directions on two legs or four.

I was sniffed and hugged, kissed upon the cheek and shaken by the hand more times than I could count. And after the whirlwind of greetings, I found myself completely caged for a few minutes by my husbands as they ensured everyone knew exactly who I belonged to. I laughed softly as I nestled into Michael's embrace, shuddering as Eric's lips nibbled at my ears. The Alpha was introducing them to the pack, but I barely heard a word. And then the pack let loose an almighty roar of cheers and howls, before Alpha Greg declared everyone should eat. Almost as one, the pack descended upon those barbecues.