Part Five. Chapter Five. Alex

Author's note; Happy new Year and this chapter is 18+ !

It was decided that Eric would drive, while Michael and I were passengers in the back of his car. Michael's vehicle would be left at the hospital, he was still too shaken to drive. My heart felt heavy, I was responsible for that.

To say I had been shocked by the sudden announcement that I was going to lose my job was an understatement. It was not that I somehow could not see it coming; if the hospital was looking to save money, outsourcing was often the way to go, though I can't say I approve as outsourcing also means that just who is employed is outside of the hospital's control. Meaning if the cleaner is not up to par, though the hospital can complain to his bosses, it is up to said bosses whether to fire him or not. They are simply risking the health and safety of the patients and staff. I can only hope that they find and strike a deal with a reputable company. However that would cost them the money they seemed desperate to save, to the point that myself and my colleagues could no longer maintain decent cleanliness between us.

I shook the thoughts from my head. In six weeks, that would not longer be my problem. But at the time, I had been so upset. After receiving the written notice in my shaking hands, my feet had automatically lead me upon a direct path towards Michael's office. And when I had seen my handsome mate so glad to see me and so ready to comfort me, I had broken down in his arms. But as unhappy as I was at losing my job, the love I had felt from Michael, the reassurance that no matter how busy he was, I could still rely on him drowned out those sorrows within a few minutes.

Feeling refreshed after being able to spill my woes into his willing ears, I had encouraged him to return to his patients, they needed him more that me. He had seemed reluctant, which sent flutterings to my stomach, the thought that he'd rather stay with me. I had shut the door behind us and it was as if the click of the door fitting into it's frame was echoed inside me and now freed from my worries and tears, my lightened body simply collapsed.

But it had really been only for a few seconds. I had heard Michael call out my name as things went dark and when I had regained my senses, he was lifting me off the ground princess style and carrying me into his office, where he rang Eric as Clover raced to get me a cup of tea.

As I watched the streets race by from the back seat, I still felt as if they were worrying over nothing, but my mates were and their protective nature was in full force.  Although I could see Eric driving us out of town and back to the village and see Michael in deep thought as he held tightly my hand, I could also 'see' an orange tiger curled around me as he napped and a large wolf standing over my lap, guarding me from all hidden threats.

I moved closer to Michael, until our knees brushed against each others and his body move unconsciously closer to mine in turn.  His blue eyes ran over my body and though his view was only observational, a shiver ran down my spine and my little brother began to move wanting this man's full attention.  It had been a while since Michael had claimed me.  The memory of his dominant side caging me against his car came to the forefront of my mind and I found myself moving to reach his lips, tilting my head submissively to encourage him to take control of the kiss that I had initiated.  At first he did, his mouth moved against mine, his tongue demanded access and began his assault, leaving no corner of my mouth unexplored.  His hands moved down by torso, sliding beneath my polo shirt before rising once more.  His calloused palms moving upon my skin sent endless sparks across my nerves, all pooling at my rapidly hardening member.  A soft moan slipped from my lips with the excess saliva, which dropped down my chin.  And then he stopped and pulled back.

"You need to rest," he told me, his voice coarse, indicating his need was as strong as mine.  It took a few moments for me to realise what had happened.  Was... was he rejecting me?  I moved away from him, rubbing at the ache in my chest, biting back the water threatening to spill from my eyes.  I felt Eric's eyes upon me reflected by his rear view mirror, I offered him a half hearted smile, before returning to gaze out of the window.