Chapter 8

After running a warm bath, Reese slipped out of her dress and sunk down into the water. The relaxing heat engulfed her body, embracing the young woman in a comforting hug. Reese dipped down into the water further, her nose barely touching the surface.

The dirt and dried blood lifted from her skin where a thankful smile soon followed. It felt wonderful to finally bathe and wash off all the residue from her recent travels with Domino and the two men from Ardarewien. Reese was thankful for their hospitality, however, she felt it was unnecessary. Deep down, the woman felt that she would have been fine without their help, but she couldn’t deny that she was hopeless right now.

Reese had nowhere to go anymore. Should she remain in the castle for protection against the men trying to find her? Or would it be better for her to try and find the royal guard as she promised? She shook her head, Reese needed to focus on healing first before she can try to find them. When it comes to that point, she’ll figure something out.

A soft knock on her bathroom door made itself known, catching Reese’s attention. She sat up above the water, turning her head towards the light coloured fixture.

“Yes?” her voice loud enough to hear, but had a soft tone.

A docile voice pierced through the door announcing who arrived to see her.

“The physician is here miss,” a maid announced. “He will be looking at your wounds.”

Sighing softly, the princess replied.

“I’ll be right out.”

After drying off, she slipped on a clean silk robe, wrapping it tightly around her body with a matching ribbon. Stepped out into her chamber, her eyes fell onto a man soft pink coloured hair.

The man spun around on his heel, turning to meet the princess. With a knee-weakening smile, the pink haired man strode towards Reese with confidence. He took her hand in his before laying a soft peck on her skin.

Reese choked as the man looked into her eyes as he was still hunched over. He stood up straight, her jaw dropping to the floor. No man has ever displayed this kind of action towards her- her father would never allow.

Someone suddenly cleared their throat, redirecting their attention to the source of the sound. SeokJin looked at them with a displeased look, his eyebrows furrowed towards the doctor. His body leaned back against the wall, arms crossed over his chest

“You’re supposed to be looking at her wounds like His Highness asked, Jimin,” the man scoffed. “Not trying to get her in bed.”
Reese mentally dropped her jaw- “That man really doesn’t know how to hold back, does he?”

The physician named Jimin sighed and waved dismissively.
“Well SeokJin, no one asked you to be here,” he huffed.
Taehyung’s companion rolled his eyes but remained silent afterwards.

Once Reese sat down in a chair, Jimin began to asses her wounds. He gently held her leg in his hands, his black eyes running along each inch of the cut. The man leaned over to a black bag, digging around in it as evidenced by the sounds of glass hitting against each other. He pulled out a small jar filled with a light yellow paste and opened it up. A slight hissed passed her lips as he began to apply the cream onto her wound.

“It doesn’t look like your wound is infected,” Jimin hummed as he gently wrapped a bandage around her calf. “However, I do recommend cleaning it every day and applying this cream. It will speed up the healing process.”

Reese took the jar into her hands, admiring the soft colour.

“Thank you,” Reese said in a petite tone.

“No problem miss,” he giggled, his face lighting up. “If you find it bothering you, don’t hesitate to call for me.”

Reese was soon left alone with SeokJin, a quiet but tense air circulating between the two. She unconsciously twiddled her thumbs in her lab, a habit she always did to cope with her discomfort. The princess avoided the man’s eyes, feeling his snake-like eyes on her. Her mind on the matter still remained static- Reese didn’t like him.

“Yah,” SeokJin suddenly spoke up, sending a chill down her spine.