Chapter 44

The five men watched from the sidelines as the sound of wooden swords smacking against each other, echoed through the expansive training room. Reese moved swiftly as she spared with Princess Jennie and Jisoo, wielding two swords at the same time. The progress she had made was staggering, if she could, she would be able to match Hoseok in a fight. Reese pushed forward in times of doubt and heartache, picking herself up and gaining confidence through fighting for her people and loved ones.

However, though the princess was reaching great lengths, the men watching from the wide lines were growing more and more anxious. Each one of them feared that she was prepared to die in the upcoming battle. She signed her crown over to Hoseok and SeokJin without a second thought, and it only made them all the more fearful.

She was serious about fighting Prince Namjoon.

During this time, they had all come to know who Reese truly was. She was ready to die for her kingdom if it meant that her people could live in peaceful and prosperous. Her kind and golden heart put others before herself, and she was pouring all of that out as she trained right before their very eyes.

Taehyung bit his lip- would I lose Reese during this?
SeokJin clenched his jaw tightly- will I never be able to hold her again?
Hoseok let his hands form into fists- you can't die... you just can't...
Yoongi, Jimin, and BamBam were all worried about the outcome of this battle as well- will we be able to defeat Statha...?

While deep in their thoughts, a single guard burst into the training hall. The sound paused the princess's bout, and they all knew it was time. However, they all prepared for this war accordingly- SeokJin, the princesses and the captains of the royal guards coming up with a strong plan. If things went wrong, then it could be changed to suit the battlefield. However, Prince Baekhyun's army has yet to arrive, and everyone knew he would command his troops well.

The citizens of Haven were evacuated earlier in the week. Prince BamBam offered his ships to transport the people off to one of his islands. They were safe from the violence about to stain the streets.

"Statha is marching according to schedule, your Highnesses," the guard spoke. "Shall we mobilize the army?"

"Please do," Princess Jennie nodded. "We will be there shortly."

The guard bowed in respect before dashing down the hallway to carry his orders out. Everyone gathered together, looking at each other assuringly. They were all ready for this war, every single one of them.

"This is it, the calm before the storm," Yoongi sighed, cracking his knuckles.

Reese took a deep breath as her hands tightened around the wooden handles of her swords. She was ready for this, she was ready to fight for her people and her throne. Even if it meant dying in the process- she knew everyone else will save Asilyra.

With what was about to come, Reese wasn't scared of dying- she was scared of losing this war entirely. That would mean their people would fall into the hands of a tyrant wearing the facade a king. All their efforts, all the people that had died for them, none of them could get that be in vain.

However, everyone hoped with all their hearts that no one will die.