Chapter 13

Reese woke up in the room Taehyung and Seokjin had set her in

Reese woke up in the room Taehyung and Seokjin had set her in. She sat up slowly, the blankets falling from around her. She was dressed in a white cotton dress. She raised her hand to where her hairpin should’ve been. Her heart rose to her throat when she couldn’t feel it. She looked about the room and couldn’t see it.

She stood up, yelping quietly in pain. She had to find someone who might have seen it.

She was with Seokjin last, on Domino, as she was barely conscious. Reese left the room to find Seokjin, her steps slow and shaky, her body against the wall as she walked.

“You’re awake!” Taehyung grinned. “It’s been a day since you were attacked- Did Jimin give you the okay to be out and about?”

“My hairpin-“ she whimpered quietly, a mixture of pain and worry. “Where is it?”

“Ah, I have it. Don’t worry.” He smiled. “Let’s get you back to your quarters-“

“My hairpin, please?” She practically begged.

“Let’s get you back to bed first, and then I’ll get it. You don’t want to tear your stitches open.” He came and supported her, hands gently on her sides as he was careful not to injure her.

Reese begrudgingly went back to her room and went back to bed. Taehyung left as soon as he laid her down and came back minutes later with the hairpin in hand.

He handed it over silently.

“You had us worried.” Taehyung smiled softly, sitting on the edge of her bed. Not caring if it was improper. “You had Seokjin worried. Nothing usually worries him.”

“Why were you worried about me?” She spoke quietly. “I don’t belong here and-“

“You’re a defenceless traveller.” Taehyung smiled. “You helped heal me up despite being hurt yourself-“

“Sophie.” She spoke quietly.

“What?” Taehyung looked at her, slightly confused.

“You asked my name the other day.” She smiled softly, hoping he wouldn’t see through her lie. “My name is Sophie.”