Chapter 30

Jimin gently sat Reese down on one of his large chairs before quickly scrambling around his office. His gut wrenched when he heard about his home kingdom being taken over by a tyrant. That was the only news he's heard from Asilrya after it was couped.

He worried about his friends that he made there, he worried about the royal family, given one was in his care. However, was the king still alive? Jimin shook his head, Namjoon would cut down anything in his way, even the king of Asilrya.

Though he worked for the royal family of Adarewien, his heart will always remain with where he grew up. Seeing Asilrya taken over was heartbreaking, but he couldn't begin to imagine what it was like for Reese to watch her people be murdered, then driven out of her own home. Not to mention Hoseok sacrificing himself so that she could escape.

While finishing crushing the medicinal herbs he and Reese had collected, he looked back at the princess. She was turning paler and paler by the second, if he didn't do something soon, she would faint. He hurriedly poured a glass of water and brought it and the medicine over to her.

"Here, this will help," Jimin cooed softly, watching her as she took it with shaky hands.

Reese grimaced at the bitter taste before washing it down with water. Despite this, she still felt woozy.

"What do we do Jimin?" she gulped, running her hand through her hair. "They're coming here!"

Jimin frowned deeply, seeing the princess he admired in distress. He crouched down in front of her, holding her hands gently.

"If they find me, Hoseok or you, we'll die!" she whimpered, breaking down in tears.

"I'm not going to let that happen Reese," he spoke in a hushed tone, as to not give away her identity. "We're going to take Asilyra back. But we need to be smart about this."

Jimin spoke with promise as he said that they were going to see Yoongi the next thing in the morning. The man travels often, he hears and sees everything. He should be able to enlighten them about what to do and what not to.

"Yoongi is tired of this fighting too," Jimin sighed. "He wants to be able to wander through the kingdoms without any problems."

"I hope he can help us," Reese quivered. "I don't want Taehyung to be overthrown, he's good to his people. But we need to take back Asilrya if we want to smooth these tensions over."

Jimin smiled, he was happy that the princess of his home was growing up. He knew that deep in his heart, she would lead the Asilryans into a brighter dawn.

"You will be a wonderful ruler Reese, your mother would be so proud."

Reese nodded with a strong smile on her face.

"We can do this."