Chapter 52

Reese looked out her castle window as a large crowd of people began to gather in the courtyard. Their voices of excitement and support reached her ears, and she grinned lightly. Her people, her kingdom, they were in high spirits, especially on a day like this. The streets of Asilyra were lined with decorations- flowers, and golden bells, all to symbolize the importance of what is going to happen in just an hour.

"Your Highness," a maid called, entering the room with a bow. "It is time to get dressed."

"Ah, yes," Reese nodded. "The ceremony is starting soon."

The maids worked around the young woman, fixing the dress that embraced her form. Her eyes were fixed on the window, where just outside she would be crowned the Queen of Asilyra. That meant the alliance between Asilyra and Adarewien, would be one step closer to becoming finalized.

Once she was queen, she could promise prosperity and protection to her people, once living under a tyrant. Given it was under a short time, but they still suffered. The least Reese could do was be their queen and lead them into brighter days.

"Queen Reese! Queen Reese!" Jimin exclaimed as he burst through the doors.
"Jimin," Reese chuckled. "I'm not the Queen of Asilyra just yet."

The pink-haired physician smiled as he laid his eyes on his ruler. He had always wanted to watch the young princess be crowned queen, and now he finally has the chance. Even better, he'll be right by her side.

"Prince Taehyung and Lord SeokJin have just arrived," he hummed, skipping towards her. "They're dying to see you~"

It had been a month since Statha's empire had crumbled, after Prince Namjoon's surrender and ultimately, his execution. Jungkook followed after his prince, also sent to die right beside him. For a while, the kingdoms of the Quintet Alliance needed to return to their own castles to handle the aftermath of the coup set by Prince Namjoon. It was today where everyone would gather to watch Princess Reese be crowned the Queen.

For Reese, it wasn't easy for her to return to her castle and see so many of her people dead. They died for her, and it was difficult to cope with it. It took her a while to recover, but she made it. Everyone else returned to their homelands as well, smoothing over any problems that had arisen over the occupation by Statha. It has been rough, but everything was coming together.

"I'll be right out to see them."