Chapter 43

Taehyung laid in bed, sighing softly as he tried to wrap his head around his feelings. There was no doubt that he felt something towards Reese. However, he wasn’t completely sure if that was admiration for her bravery, friend or something more than that altogether.

He groaned rubbing his temples before sitting upright. He was fully aware of how Seokjin looked at her, how he looked at her with love in his eyes, they almost seem to shine whenever she entered the room.

“It’s unfair.” He muttered softly, knowing he shouldn’t act on his feelings because of his best friends' feelings towards her. He didn’t even know if she had those feelings for Seokjin, but she seemed comfortable around him, considering everything that happened.

Taehyung got up with a slight stretch and put on normal clothes before leaving his chambers and heading down to the training hall. He needed to let off some steam, to figure out what to do, and to figure out what was going on.

Seokjin’s fingers brushed against his own lips softly, imagining what it would feel like to kiss her. Whether her lips were as soft as they looked. Whether she was experienced enough to at least know how to kiss somebody.

Seokjin wouldn’t have cared if she wasn’t, he’d be gentle, he wouldn’t force her to close the gap between them he wouldn’t-

He shook his head, tugging on his hair. “No. Taehyung looks at her with love in his eyes.” He scolded himself. “You can’t take his woman-“

But thinking about it, had Reese spoke to Taehyung long enough to fall for him? Hell, did he have a chance with her himself?

“Stupid feelings.” He muttered, staring out the window from where he was sitting. “This job has no room for feelings, too many people die.“

His heart constricted at the thought of Reese dying and his eyes widened.

He didn’t care for Taehyung’s feelings, he had to make sure she didn’t get hurt or die. If that meant Namjoon slipping through their fingers, he’d face that problem another day as long as she was okay.

Hoseok smiled as he laid in his bed leaned to him by the four Princesses.

He had patched up the argument with Reese - she had forgiven him and basically signed her crown to him and Seokjin if she somehow died during this war. 

He wasn’t all too happy with her signing her rightful throne to him, or to Seokjin, but to keep Asilyra safe he just had to make do. 

He didn’t want her to get hurt, or die during the fights that were bound to ensue. 

His mind flashed to how she barely moved one of her arms and how she had gone to Jimin immediately after arriving here and his vision turned red.

She was hurt and he could bet that cocky son of a Harlot was the one that hurt her.

He got up, the smile wiped off his face as he grabbed his sword and left his room. “I gonna kill him.” He snarled, marching down the hallway, not caring who he woke up.

“Woah-“ Yoongi stumbled out his door, sleep evident on his face. “Hoseok- Why do you look like you’re gonna murder someone?”

“He hurt her.” He gripped his sword tight. “He hurt her so he will pay.”

“You need to calm down Hobi,” Yoongi spoke soothingly, stood in front of the raging wall of murderous intent. “Hurting someone else is just going to increase the tensions. The rest of our forces won’t join us for a few days yet, once that happens and the Princesses give the signal, kill whoever your heart pleases, but for now, calm down okay?” He reached out and gently rested his hand on Hoseok’s hand that was gripping his sword.

Hoseok took a deep breath, his glare softening but the murderous look in his eyes remaining.

“There, now go back to bed okay?” Yoongi smiled. Hoseok nodded.

“I’ll slaughter them all when the day comes,” Hoseok muttered.

“I have no doubt you will, but keep it contained until the battle okay?” 

Hoseok mumbled an agreement and headed back to his room, throwing his sword to one side of the room and he flopped into bed.