Chapter 31

Yoongi had simply advised staying in the background, away from them. Don't draw attention to yourself whatsoever.

So when a new court of ladies came in the day before Namjoon's arrival, she acquainted them and blended in with them, acting like a group of childhood friends.

She hid the fact that she was petrified of Namjoon when she first heard his voice earlier that day, she giggled with the ladies as he walked past eyes peeking over their fans.

She continued that act for the whole day, Jimin was running errands and when he wasn't running errands, he was down in his room concocting herbs and medicines.

They had agreed to have a day or two of silence. No conversations between each other for the majority of Namjoon's visit unless she had injured herself.

"How's the Princess?" She heard Taehyung ask Namjoon from further down the hall.

"She's still really poorly. We're organizing the wedding again though." Namjoon sighed softly. "The sooner I can hold that woman as my wife, the better."

Liar.

But then again, what more are you than that?

Her conscious spoke to her. She frowned slightly, head down as she walked with the ladies to the gardens outside. She walked around, gossiping about how the men in the castle looked.

She felt her heart flutter when they mentioned Prince Taehyung, and she realized that she had been horrible upon lying to him constantly for the entirety of her stay...

"But Captain Seokjin? I'd most definitely not refuse to be bedded by him." One of the ladies giggled and she felt a strange surge of jealousy.

Why should I feel jealous?

She thought to herself, she shook her head and continued walking with the ladies.

She'd reveal her identity to Prince Taehyung and Captain Seokjin on her final day here before she set off with Jimin, Hoseok, and Yoongi to find help and reclaim Asilyra. Jimin was planning on just leaving for an errand and not coming back.

She hummed in thought for a while before her female companions all excused themselves to retire to their chambers, leaving Reese to walk to hers alone. She was soon joined on one side by the familiar stature of Seokjin.

"Ladies shouldn't have to walk around the castle alone." He smiled softly. Following her to her chambers. She smiled softly at his actions and opened her chamber door, turning to face him.

"Thank you." She whispered softly, looking up at the male.

"No problem." He spoke quietly and without hesitation she quickly embraced him, breathing in his scent quietly before stepping back and closing the door leaving the Captain shocked and speechless. She immediately stripped and laid on the bed, her arms wrapping around the bear Seokjin had bought her.

"I'm sorry..." she whispered softly to the room, tears slowly dripping down her cheeks.