Chapter 16

Reese slowly walked through the castle halls, her arms comfortably behind her back

Reese slowly walked through the castle halls, her arms comfortably behind her back. After a week and a half of recovering and being scolded by Jimin, she could finally be free of any pain as she went on with the day.

During her stay, she had grown to know the men and women in the castle, sometimes helping out with their activities. She didn't like sitting around much- back in her palace she would often to the same, walk around and ask if anyone needed assistance. Her servants couldn't say no to her, simply because they wanted her to grow up and be a kind woman who wouldn't hesitate to help someone out. The habit has stuck with her, and it took the princess's mind off of things.

She had just finished helping Jimin with sorting medical herbs, and now her hands smelled earthy. Reese didn't mind however, it was a sign of hard work. For the entire day, she hadn't seen either Taehyung or SeokJin. She was saddened by the Prince's absence, however, she was passive about SeokJin's lack of a presence, meaning she didn't even think about him at all.

Though she told herself to distance from Taehyung, that day she woke up wouldn't allow her to. His words consoled her heart, and she couldn't stay away from him. She sometimes wondered about what he was doing, and today was no different. Reese... missed him.

Sighing softly, she pushed the stable door open, letting the smell of hay reach her senses. Reese wanted to take a moment and relax with Domino, as she worked hard today. She skipped towards her companion's stable, unlatching the door before slipping inside.

Domino raised his head to meet Reese's gaze, whinnying happily as he saw his friend. The princess giggled happily as she stroked his muzzle.
"Hello my friend," she cooed, taking an apple from her bag and lifting it to his mouth.
The black and white horse graciously took the apple, munching on it loudly.

Reese scooted against Domino's body, leaning on his huge form. She took another apple and began to eat it herself. As she ate, she continued to stroke his mane.

"I hope that our home is still recognizable..." she whispered, only so that Domino could hear it.

Domino gently nuzzled his snout into her stomach, mirroring her feelings. Reese was sure her companion missed his home as well; he loved to graze the fields on the outskirts of the kingdom.

"We'll figure something out Domino," Reese sighed. "I promise."

...

"God, where is she?!" Taehyung groaned in frustration, tugging on the strands of his hair.

Taehyung had only just got back to the castle after having business to take care of in a fort just outside of the kingdom. The prince wanted to check on how she was doing, his mind still on that day. His heart hurt for her as she cried into his shoulder because he couldn't console her to the best of his abilities. The best he could do right now was comfort her as she shed tears.

However, now she was nowhere to be found. He knew she liked to walk around the castle and help the people within its walls. Thought it was almost night time, he thought she would be in her quarters. Unfortunately, she wasn't- her chamber was empty. The prince began to worry about her well being, with what had occurred only weeks ago.

"Your Highness," SeokJin spoke up, approaching him. "You're back."

Taehyung whipped his head towards his companion, beads of sweat dripping down the side of his face. SeokJin raised an eyebrow, confused about the state the prince was in.

"Where is Sophie?" Taehyung asked, trying to remain calm. "She's not in her chamber."

The man's companion sighed, waving his hand dismissively. However, deep down he was starting to worry about where she could be at this time. It was almost time for the castle gates to close, if she wasn't within its walls, she would be locked out. He still concerned himself about her injuries.

"She knows she has to be in- your Highness!" SeokJin tried to reason but was interrupted when Taehyung began to run down the hall. "Argh!"

The guard began to run after Taehyung, not caring if any passer-bys looked at him with crazy eyes.

They searched the entire castle, not a sign of the princess anywhere. The two men began to panic severely as no one had seen her recently. There was one place they haven't checked yet, Jimin's office.

"I believe Sophie said she was going to see Domino," Jimin admitted, sorting through the last minute harvests of herbs. "I'm not sure if she's- ugh..."

Just like SeokJin, Taehyung didn't let Jimin finish as he had already run out of the room. They sprinted towards the stables, seeing the door slightly open. Taehyung slipped into the barn, looking at the stables with observant eyes.

"Oh my..." Taehyung gasped while out of breath.

His eyes fell on Reese who was cuddled up against Domino's body. Taehyung groaned in frustration, she was here the entire time. SeokJin mirrors his actions, a quiet sigh of relief passing his lips.

She was safe.